• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Self Edge x Dry Bones x Superfuture = SEXDBXS09 ** The Superfuture Jean

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Self Edge x Dry Bones x Superfuture = SEXDBXS09 ** The Superfuture Jean

Superfuture, a website dedicated to the finer points of shopping, traveling, garments, and more was launched in 1999 by Wayne Berkowitz and Simon Kristoph. Hailing from Australia, their website took on a life of it's own within a few years, and five years in was already home to one of the largest databases of information about garments, and to be more specific, denim.
Superfuture offers the world a frequently updated set of traveling maps, a listing with reviews of over 1000 shops around the world which are "Superfuture Approved", a blog updated with cutting edge events around the world, and a forum called Supertalk which at times overshadows the other services Superfuture offers.

Supertalk, boasting an extremely active 40,000 users, is home to a sub-forum named Superdenim which is dedicated to all things denim, workwear, leather boots, and Americana reproductions. Over the years Superdenim has seen it's fair share of denim contests, where the contestants are to wear the same jean every day for a certain duration of time, most commonly the span of the contest lasts from 12 to 24 months. With the SEXDBXS09 jean we've allowed the users of Superfuture and Superdenim to give their input on styling, cut, and accents for a very special jean to be released on February 28th; even the leather patch was designed by a renown artist from Texas named JimmyC from Superfuture.

The SEXDBXS09 jean has been produced by Dry Bones, one of Japan's longest running vintage Americana style denim manufacturers. Months were spent getting the denim exactly where we wanted it and the denim was woven for this project; as the denim has never before been used on another garment nobody knows exactly how it will age.
Self Edge has chosen a denim with a little more weight than the classic styles, at 16oz it's got heft to it, and with massive amounts of character showing from the warp and weft it's sure to age well.
The fit is that of a straight leg jean, slightly slimmed down, with a button fly and a long inseam which can be hemmed to the wearer's length without altering the silhouette.

We're proud the way the denim has turned out, it's something we've never had in the store before. The denim has been calendered and singed, yet hasn't lost any character which is instantly recognizable even at a quick glance. Rounded out with hidden rivets, cowhide leather tag, Superfuture dual-tone "Rep Bar" stitch, military grade green rear pocket linings, coin pocket selvedge, and a cotton poly-core stitch; this jean is exactly what we want to be seen in.

The SEXDBXS09 will be released in our webstore under the Dry Bones brand at 8:30am (PST) on Saturday February 28th.
It will be released in our brick and mortar store at Noon the same day. You can also purchase the jean online in our webstore and state in the comments section to hold the jean for a local pick-up at our store in San Francisco.

Check our online store for more information on this jean, a complete specification list, measurements, and hi-res photos:
http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...roducts_id=410

sufudb_01_web-753993.jpg

sufudb_02_web-753913.jpg

sufudb_03_web-738056.jpg

sufudb_04_web-714167.jpg

sufudb_05_web-714050.jpg

sufudb_07_web-768803.jpg

sufudb_08_web-785063.jpg

sufudb_09_web-785117.jpg

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm definitely buying, I'm in need of a new pair :p

Crakaveli

Reaction score
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

skunkworks

Reaction score
They look great, esp the pocket lining and the sweet design on the leather patch.

chiral

Reaction score
Beautiful, can't wait to see the measurements on them.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was waiting for someone to point that out. I noticed this on Cool Hunting a couple of days ago and the "SuFu being the only forum worth a damn" made me laugh.

blackplatano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Way to rub it in Laguy. SuFu is nowhere where it used to be, I checked the other and damn did it suck.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wasn't planning on getting another pair for a while, but I might have to get these.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by james nicolas
6ftqf7.jpg

Uhm, i'm hoping that you guys realize that i didn't write that.
Right?
Just in case nobody noticed, Cool Hunting contacted me, interviewed me, and that's it.
The interview below is what i said, and what i stand by, anything said by Cool Hunting or JimmyC is nothing i had anything to do with.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are right, there aren't really that many denim heads on this forum...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads