Self Edge x Dry Bones x Superfuture = SEXDBXS09 ** The Superfuture Jean

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kiya, Feb 26, 2009.

1. gabby11303

gabby11303 Senior member

Don't want to junk the board up with another dumb question but........

Will the leg opening be much bigger if I need to hem them to a 32~34 inseam?

Also, are these similar in cut to the RJB slim straight? The 33 DB and RJB 36 (post soak) look to be real similar in size.

2. DLester

DLester Senior member

Now is the time to finally embrace a larger leg opening.
    We've got to move past tapered jeans, try a larger leg opening with a cuff that doesn't touch your shoes or boots. Or a hem that barely breaks at your shoes..

Very nice jeans.

In your post, are you saying "try something new" or "tapered jeans are over?"

For what it is worth, it seems like the difference between these and a tapered leg is slight. From the measurements, the opening is only 1/2 inch or so wider than a comparable tapered jean. It is still a slim pair of jeans.

3. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Except the jeans have a rise of 9 inches and won't be sitting on his waist. Low rise jeans typically measure larger than the tagged waist because of where they sit...
    I'm [reading it as] 29" measured waist and the Size 29 sits on his hips at 31". Did you have a different interpretation? If that's the same Sidney, you measure 27" or 29"?

4. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

I think if you're interested in buying these, you should take a look at the waist measurements and then work from there. That's what I'm doing. The general consensus at sufu seems to be go true to size (i.e. buy the tagged size that you always buy).

5. ToruOkada

ToruOkada Senior member

I think if you're interested in buying these, you should take a look at the waist measurements and then work from there. That's what I'm doing. The general consensus at sufu seems to be go true to size (i.e. buy the tagged size that you always buy).

everyone please just do this...

and cmon db, just measure your shit and see what fits man.

6. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

Actually, I messed up. I'm actually going to base my purchase on the thigh measurements, since that's always the limiting point for me :p

7. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

Are the thigh measurements on the 33 and 34 really the same?

8. sidney

sidney Senior member

I measure 27.8" in circumference, two inches below my navel.

9. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

So if I'm a 34 in the SEXSC06 jean, should I order a 33 or 34 in this jean? The thigh seems to be the same.

10. blank

blank Senior member

If we buy them and they don't fit, no soak, tag still on, is an exchange our only option or is a refund available? So hard to buy a jean like this with no sizing experience...

11. sidney

sidney Senior member

So if I'm a 34 in the SEXSC06 jean, should I order a 33 or 34 in this jean? The thigh seems to be the same.

If you have another pair of jeans, why don't you compare measurements?

If we buy them and they don't fit, no soak, tag still on, is an exchange our only option or is a refund available? So hard to buy a jean like this with no sizing experience...

The site that you will be purchasing the jeans off of, selfedge.com, has various links when you first visit. To the left are links, listed in the following order: Who we are..., How to find us..., Brands we carry..., Store policies..., Chainstitching..., and Lookbook/press....

</guide to using the internet>

12. Teger

Teger Senior member

I think that he's looking for some first hand advice on what size to buy, considering you own/have worn both pairs?

13. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

If you have another pair of jeans, why don't you compare measurements?

I have compared measurements. My SExSC run about 12 inches in the thigh. Both the size 33 and 34 are on the SE website as having a thigh measurement at 12 inches. The only difference is leg opening and waist between the 33 and the 34.

Teger is right, I'm looking for some advice from someone who has first hand experience and what they would recommend. I would prefer if possible to not order the wrong size and have to exchange them.

14. sidney

sidney Senior member

You live in Portland, Kix from Tanner Goods is looking for a partner in crime to go with him otherwise he ain't. Come to the party and try on the jawns in person. Good excuse to wild out too.

15. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

That'd be fun, but I'll be in Seattle that weekend.