• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX/MX - Japanese Denim & Leather, Top Notch Basics, Very Nice Jewelry + Eyewear, & More

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Really Nice Loopwheeled T-Shirts from Merz B. Schwanen

Over the past four years Merz B. Schwanen has slowly turned into many of our clients’ favorite basics brand. The combination of attention to detail, breadth of textile styles, and various colors and fibers has turned Merz into a basics powerhouse. Cotton garments are made of organic Greek cotton then loopwheeled on vintage knitting machines in Germany and finished with vintage-correct construction and trim. Everything from the knitting to the cutting and sewing is done in-house at Merz. The attention to detail in their tees, sweaters, and underwear is impressive and we're excited to be able to expand what we stock from them.

We have fresh runs of their loopwheeled t-shirts and underwear along with two special releases.

We now have their new Sea Island cotton t-shirts, these are so special they come with serial numbered hologram tags. We believe Merz B. Schwanen have made the world’s first Sea Island cotton loopwheeled t-shirt. If you’re a fiber geek or need to enter the final level of the nicest and softest blank t-shirt you’ve ever seen, this is for you. These t-shirts are wild soft and are available now in white or black.

Lastly we have a fresh run of their mulesing-free fine merino wool loopwheeled tees, available in black or natural. All these items are available now across all of our stores.

Shop Merz B. Schwanen Online

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Flat Head Flannels, Denim Shirts, and Cordovan Small Wallets

This week we have two new shirts from Flat Head and a fresh run of all six styles of their Shinki shell cordovan small wallets.

First up we have a Self Edge exclusive flannel! This fabric part of Flat Head’s heavy winter flannel series and is made of Flat Head’s heaviest selvedge flannel which have been double brushed on the interior for comfort and wind resistance. These shirts are finished with real mother-of-pearl inlayed buttons and double-needle and chainstitch construction.

Next up we have an item they've been making with small tweaks every year for over twenty years, a snap buttoned selvedge denim shirt. These things are made of a pure-indigo dyed 10oz Japanese selvedge denim and finished with real mother-of-pearl snap buttons.

We also have Flat Head's Shinki Tannery shell cordovan small wallets in three styles and two colors. All six wallets are hand-cut, hand-sewn, pigskin lined, and made in-house in Flat Head’s own leather craft workshop in Nagano, Japan.

You can find all these items now at all stores and online.

Shop Flat Head Online

Flat_Head_Copperfield_Heavy_Winter_Flannel_Western_Blue_Self_Edge_Exclusive-001-680x1025.jpg

Flat_Head_Copperfield_Heavy_Winter_Flannel_Western_Blue_Self_Edge_Exclusive-005-680x1025.jpg

Flat_Head_Copperfield_Heavy_Winter_Flannel_Western_Blue_Self_Edge_Exclusive-08-1025x680.jpg

Flat_Head_NEXT_Edition_Western_Shirt_10oz_Indigo_Denim-001-680x1025.jpg

Flat_Head_NEXT_Edition_Western_Shirt_10oz_Indigo_Denim-006-680x1025.jpg

Flat_Head_NEXT_Edition_Western_Shirt_10oz_Indigo_Denim-03-1025x680.jpg

fh_small_wallet_tan_01-680x1025.jpg

fh_small_wallet_blk_02-1025x680.jpg

FH_WALLET_MAIN-683x1082.JPG

FH_WALLET2_0004-1025x684.jpg

pic-640x960.jpg

pic-640x960.jpg

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Dan and the other gentleman whose name I neglected to get. The jeans fit perfectly. Already planning another trip up from Santa Cruz:slayer: .Jean and Mike.

thats.mana

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any recs for slim/tapered high rise denim in black? I’m a bit overwhelmed browsing the site.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Dan and the other gentleman whose name I neglected to get. The jeans fit perfectly. Already planning another trip up from Santa Cruz:slayer: .Jean and Mike.

Thanks for coming by SESF and glad you like the jeans! I believe it was Dan and Nicholas you were working with.

Any recs for slim/tapered high rise denim in black? I’m a bit overwhelmed browsing the site.

We unfortunately don't have any slim tapered black jeans which have a high rise, but we do have indigo and we definitely have slim tapered with a medium rise in black.

thats.mana

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We unfortunately don't have any slim tapered black jeans which have a high rise, but we do have indigo and we definitely have slim tapered with a medium rise in black.
Thanks for the reply, may I have a link or the brand of the latter.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hoodies, Shirts, Jackets, Jeans, & Wallets from Iron Heart

This week we have a large delivery from Iron Heart with loopwheeled hoodies, military serge snap shirts, Type III jackets made of split steer cowhide, straight leg jeans in 21oz indigo and black, and folding calf leather wallets in two colors.

Iron Heart’s very nice loopwheeled hoodies are now available in both zip-up and pull-over styles. Both are built to last, are super warm and soft, and have a true loopwheeled fleece which has a nice “grain” to it from the loopwheeling processing.

The split steer rough-out modified Type III jacket is back! You’ve never felt a heavy leather this butter soft to the touch. These are a modified Type III pattern with hand pockets done up in a super soft split cowhide.

The Iron Heart Military Serge shirt in olive is also back. These are made of an Iron Heart developed 13oz military serge fabric and finished with black Permex IH branded snap buttons, felled inner seams, and single, double, and triple needle construction. They're great for all season wear, are rugged, and the fabric has a unique hand-feel.

All these items along with a full restock of straight leg jeans in indigo and black and folding calf leather wallets in black or tan are available now at all stores.

Shop Iron Heart Online

IH_HOODIE_01-684x1025.jpg

ih_pullover_large_01-680x1025.jpg

IH_COW_01-684x1025.jpg

SE%20HOME%20FEATURE%202017_0019_IRON%20HEART%20SPLIT%20STEER%20MODIFIED%20TYPE%20III%20JACKET-790x678.jpg

Iron_Heart_13oz_Military_Serge_Snap_Shirt_Olive-02-1025x680.jpg

Iron_Heart_13oz_Military_Serge_Snap_Shirt_Olive-05-1025x680.jpg

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Studio D'Artisan Summer Collection of Shirts & Jeans

This week we have two new shirts and a limited edition jean from Studio D'Artisan, and the second release from O△X.

O△X is a new line designed and produced by Studio D’Artisan and we’re proud to be the only retailer outside of Japan stocking it. Their second release is the Junk Wax Era chambray. Vintage indigo-dyed kimono fabrics from over 100 years ago are cut into triangles then sewn together to create a new pattern. This "quilt" is then applied to the chambray before the entire garment is hard washed to lighten the indigo shade of the chambray and kimono fabric.

We also have new short sleeve 10oz hickory stripe shirts which are finished with custom SDA steel buttons and are available in navy or gray.

Lastly we have the Fox Fibre jeans. These are limited edition pair of jeans woven on vintage Japanese G3 denim looms using 100% organic Foxfibre, a cotton fiber developed by Sally Fox.

All these items can be found at all stores and online now.

Shop Studio D'Artisan Online

Studio_DArtisan_Fox_Cotton_Fiber_Jeans_Straight_Tapered-02-1025x680.jpg

Studio_DArtisan_Fox_Cotton_Fiber_Jeans_Straight_Tapered-03-1025x680.jpg

Studio_DArtisan_Fox_Cotton_Fiber_Jeans_Straight_Tapered-07-1025x680.jpg

Studio_DArtisan_Fox_Cotton_Fiber_Jeans_Straight_Tapered-12-1025x680.jpg

Studio_DArtisan_Junk_Wax_Era_Chambray_Shirt-02-1025x680.jpg

Studio_DArtisan_Junk_Wax_Era_Chambray_Shirt-10-1025x680.jpg

Studio_DArtisan_Junk_Wax_Era_Chambray_Shirt-11-1025x680.jpg

Studio_DArtisan_Junk_Wax_Era_Chambray_Shirt-05-1025x680.jpg

Studio_DArtisan_Sober_Acid_Hickory_Stripe_Shirt_Navy-02-1025x680.jpg

Studio_DArtisan_Sober_Acid_Hickory_Stripe_Shirt_Navy-03-1025x680.jpg

Studio_DArtisan_Sober_Acid_Hickory_Stripe_Shirt_Navy-05-1025x680.jpg

Studio_DArtisan_Sober_Acid_Hickory_Stripe_Shirt_Gray-02-1025x680.jpg

Studio_DArtisan_Sober_Acid_Hickory_Stripe_Shirt_Gray-05-1025x680.jpg

Studio_DArtisan_Sober_Acid_Hickory_Stripe_Shirt_Gray-08-1025x680.jpg

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is there a 3sixteen specific thread? I thought there was but can’t find it, but the SF search function is still terrible so I probably just missed it.
Anyway, if I can ask this question here:
How do you all find their hoodies and truckers in terms of sizing? Looking around it seems like they run small, and measurements indicate that, especially for the type 3.
Im looking for a trucker and a hoodie and so far like the 3sixteen ones the most at that price range, and the stonewashed type 3 is more my speed. So I’m just trying to determine if it’s best to size up now since ideally I’d just want to machine wash and line dry

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is there a 3sixteen specific thread? I thought there was but can’t find it, but the SF search function is still terrible so I probably just missed it.
Anyway, if I can ask this question here:
How do you all find their hoodies and truckers in terms of sizing? Looking around it seems like they run small, and measurements indicate that, especially for the type 3.
Im looking for a trucker and a hoodie and so far like the 3sixteen ones the most at that price range, and the stonewashed type 3 is more my speed. So I’m just trying to determine if it’s best to size up now since ideally I’d just want to machine wash and line dry

We find most of 3sixteen's clothing runs fairly true to size compared to most of the other brands we sell. We recommend using the size charts provided to determine your size, or if you'd rather not use the size charts you can start by going one size up from your usual size in most American brands.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
3sixteen Summer Collection & T-Shirt and Hoodie Restocks

We’ve got a large 3sixteen release this week with four shirts perfect for the warmer months.

First up we have Leisure Shirts, available in sand or black, both hand block printed for a trippy two-dimensional look. We also have Handloomed Crosshatch Vacation shirts and Olive Jacquard Camp Shirts.

All four of these shirts along with a full restock of heavyweight tees in four colors, Pima cotton tees in two colors, and zippered hoodies in two colors are available now at all stores and online.

Shop 3sixteen Online

3sixteen_Leisure_Shirt_Black_Floral-02-1025x680.jpg

3sixteen_Leisure_Shirt_Black_Floral-05-1025x680.jpg

3sixteen_Leisure_Shirt_Black_Floral-07-1025x680.jpg

3sixteen_Leisure_Shirt_Sand_Floral-02-1025x680.jpg

3sixteen_Leisure_Shirt_Sand_Floral-05-1025x680.jpg

3sixteen_Vacation_Shirt_Handloom_Crosshatch-02-1025x680.jpg

3sixteen_Vacation_Shirt_Handloom_Crosshatch-06-1025x680.jpg

3sixteen_Camp_Shirt_Olive_Jacquard-02-1025x680.jpg

3sixteen_Camp_Shirt_Olive_Jacquard-07-1025x680.jpg

3sixteen_T_Shirts_Pima_Cotton_2_Pack_Black_Pocket_Pima_03-1025x680.jpg

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The Fine Creek Shinki Horsehide Harris Jacket

Fine Creek’s Harris jacket here is, available now in an all new Shinki Tannery 1.3mm horsehide. These things age like nothing else and are sewn with a massive attention to detail. Yoshi Yamazaki, Fine Creek’s creative director, is a detail freak and it shows once you start seeing how the leather ages and how the seams pucker over time with regular wear.

This 1.3mm tea-core dyed horsehide is vegetable tanned and aniline finished; it feels and looks great when new and looks unbelievable when broken in. Fine Creek have created a completely new Shinki "recipe" for the Harris model and therefore this exact leather isn’t available on any of their other jackets.

You can find these now at all stores.

Shop Fine Creek Online

Fine_Creek_Shinki_Horsehide_Jacket_Harris-02-1025x680.jpg

Fine_Creek_Shinki_Horsehide_Jacket_Harris-04-1025x680.jpg

Fine_Creek_Shinki_Horsehide_Jacket_Harris-05-1025x680.jpg

Fine_Creek_Shinki_Horsehide_Jacket_Harris-07-1025x680.jpg

Fine_Creek_Shinki_Horsehide_Jacket_Harris-08-1025x680.jpg

Fine_Creek_Shinki_Horsehide_Jacket_Harris-12-1025x680.jpg

Fine_Creek_Shinki_Horsehide_Jacket_Harris-14-1025x680.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads