Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX - Japanese Denim & More (Iron Heart, 3sixteen, Flat Head, Strike Gold...

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Dec 22, 2006.

Tags:
  1. xchen

xchen Senior member

I'd love to get it, but I just signed a lease on a house today and I need to get more $$ first.

This is on the way, though:
    [​IMG]

Haven't had one since my old X-Brain which would have been around 1998 or 1999.

2. ToruOkada

ToruOkada Senior member

haha what kind of yo-yo is that? i suddenly have the urge to dig up my yo-yo collection from when i was a kid.

3. kiya

kiya Brand Representative Affiliate Vendor

Mister Freedom - The Second Chapter #2 One of our favorite lines here at Self Edge, Mister Freedom comes back with the second installment in the story of a Merchant Navy Sailor in the 1930's who had his clothes custom-made by the local Naval Base Tailor as he cruised around the world. The second chapter of this concept is the sailor's last cruise that took him to the cold waters of the Southern Indian Ocean, after serving ten years in the Navy. This Winter Collection, "The Last Cruise, Salty Years" focuses on extreme weather gear, custom Naval Tailor-made. Our Sailor had become an "old salt" (an experienced seaman) by then and his clothes were weathered and faded by sea water, sun and wear. Although non-regulation, a popular practice since the 1920's for Navy enlisted men, was to have custom "LIBERTY CUFFS" and multicolored stitching added to their uniforms by local tailors. Sewn on the inside of the garment and invisible to the patrol officers, the fancy cuffs were rolled up and displayed while on shore leave. The sailor CPO denim shirt and denim Pea Coat are "LIBERTY ISSUE", customized by the MFSC Naval Base Tailor, featuring a mermaid patch (also used as a secret money pocket) and hidden custom stitching in the form of a inner rainbow chainstitch. The collection also includes a Modified Type of jungle cloth Deck Jacket, a pair of Modified Type 7161 denim jeans, a wool/cotton sweater, a Denim CPO Overshirt, a Wool Watch Cap, a Denim Pea Coat, a Jungle Cloth and Chambray Rain Hat, and three different t-shirts. MF has also reissued the extremely popular chambray shirt from last season. We've done something a bit special again for this photo-shoot, modeled by Samuel de Goede, Sidney Lo, and Haptronic, shot by Sidney Lo, then each main photograph was digitally processed by Ordo. Also, check the online store for hi-res shots of the rest of the details and a massive amount of information about each individual item. The new Denim Pea Coat, Foul Weather Coat, Indigo Knit Sweater, and Wool Watch Cap are now available in the online store. Last week's release of the 7161md Jeans, Foul Weather Hat, CPO Overshirt, Chambray Shirt, and Mister Freedom T-Shirts are also now available in-store and in our online store, these items are made in small runs and restocks are not available. Please check the online store product pages for far too much information on every single piece in the collection: http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...index&cPath=74 Mister Freedom - The Second Chapter #2 [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Mister Freedom - The Second Chapter #1 [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. xchen

xchen Senior member

5. Klemins

Klemins Senior member

Damn that's some nice outerwear. I need to sell some stuff to get that Foul Weather Coat

6. kiya

Just restocked on a few of the Mister Freedom pieces..
    Also, a full Skull restock is coming next week along with Flat Head jeans, jackets, shirts, leathers, and rings...

7. Parisian

Parisian Member

Will there be any new flathead shirts (or jackets?) or will it be just a restock?
    Also do you have items that are not on the online shop but that we could still order via email? (any samurai shirts or iron heart tees ?...)

8. kiya

Will there be any new flathead shirts (or jackets?) or will it be just a restock?
    Also do you have items that are not on the online shop but that we could still order via email? (any samurai shirts or iron heart tees ?...)

We don't carry the Iron Heart t-shirts because as of right now all they've produced is promotional style cheapo t-shirts on random blanks.

With the new Flat Head shipment is coming a new bracelet, a new really nice heavy flannel, and a Type III denim jacket made of their famous 3XXX denim...

9. milosz

milosz Senior member

Love the Iron Heart 634s that arrived today - can't believe how soft and comfortable these are right out of the box (only experience with raw before are 501 STFs and trying on some APCs). I got a 38 and they fit well without being skin tight (for most SFers they're probably a bit too loose, but I don't think I could have fit in a 36), look good cuffed on top of black Docs.

Kiya, which Flat Heads are closest in cut, the F380 or 3005? Which size would you recommend for me if the IH 38s have a little over an inch to spare standing up?

10. kiya

Love the Iron Heart 634s that arrived today - can't believe how soft and comfortable these are right out of the box (only experience with raw before are 501 STFs and trying on some APCs). I got a 38 and they fit well without being skin tight (for most SFers they're probably a bit too loose, but I don't think I could have fit in a 36), look good cuffed on top of black Docs.

Kiya, which Flat Heads are closest in cut, the F380 or 3005? Which size would you recommend for me if the IH 38s have a little over an inch to spare standing up?

We have a lot of customers ask the same exact question.. Get the F380 in the same exact size as your Iron Hearts and you'll be set.
    [​IMG]

11. kiya

Sling & Stones - Fall 2008 Collection

Now comes the new Fall 2008 collection from our favorite women's line for those that love raw Japanese jeans, Sling & Stones.
    Three styles available in raw pure indigo Japanese denim.

The detailing on these is a more subtle version of the S&S previous seasons' accents with bar tacked stress points, gold plated circular top button, and dual tone contrast stitching.
    The three fits cover all styles with the Naomi (Slim Cut), Delilah (bootcut), and Mary (Straight Slim).

Shot by Sidney Lo, Modeled by Slick Gertie.
    Available now in-store and in our online store:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...index&cPath=69

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Oldboy

Oldboy Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Rock

Rock Senior member

14. velobran

velobran Senior member

[​IMG]

This is worth quoting again. Hmmm .... a high res shot for wallpaper would be superb.

15. kiya

Here at Self Edge we like to find any reason to drink, and better yet, drink with our customers...
    So this weekend we're running a LET'S DRINK sale on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Come by the store and have a few beers with us and enjoy a 10% off sale and giveaway.

We'll have quite a bit of new shirts, jeans, leather accessories, silver jewelry, and more in the store just in time for the weekend. Come by and check out all the newest releases from every line we carry.

It's rare for us to have a blanket sale like this... Everything will be marked down 10% and we'll be giving away free items with every purchase.

-For one item purchased you'll get a collectible Buzz Rickson, Flat Head, Sugar Cane, or Real Japan Blues bandana.
    -For two items you'll receive a $40 gift certificate to Self Edge.
    -For three items we'll give you a t-shirt of our choosing (in your size).. T-shirt might be a Flat Head loopwheeler tee, a Dry Bones tee, Skull Jeans tee, a B.Son tee, or a JP Tee.
    -For four items you'll receive a button down shirt (in your size) from Flat Head, Iron Heart, Sugar Cane, Dry Bones, or Left Field
    -For five items you'll receive any pair of jeans from our stock, you pick.
    -For six or more items you'll receive a bottle of Suntory Yamazaki 18 Year Whiskey and any pair of jeans you want.

Use this code for 10% off everything in our online store from Friday November 28 (8AM PST) to Sunday November 30 (8PM PST):
    LetsDrink

http://www.selfedge.com/shop

Fine Print: For online customers, your free item will be sent with your order, those ordering five or more items will receive an email asking what jeans you'd like. In-store customers, products costing under $50 do not qualify as an "item". No exchanges or returns on giveaways. Sale terms cannot be retroactive for past purchases.