• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX - Japanese Denim & More (Iron Heart, 3sixteen, Flat Head, Strike Gold...

Newcomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How high of a front rise are you looking for in what waist size?
If I took a 34 in this:

What would you recommend in this?

Waist is a bit snug in the Charcoal weft, but otherwise fit is fantastic.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
If I took a 34 in this:

What would you recommend in this?

Waist is a bit snug in the Charcoal weft, but otherwise fit is fantastic.
Go one size down to a 33 in the new black jean and the fit and waist should be great for you.

Newcomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Go one size down to a 33 in the new black jean and the fit and waist should be great for you.
Awesome. So far, SDA have been my favorite jeans I've purchased to date. Really nice denim and fit.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Iron Heart Wabash & Ultra-Heavy Flannel Shirts & Jeans

Iron Heart Wabash and flannel shirts are here! The wabash shirts are made of an Iron Heart designed 12oz indigo-dyed wabash fabric with bleached white dots creating the wabash pattern. This is the exact type of thing Iron Heart excels at, taking a classic style fabric and doing it up in an overbuilt version that ages very well with wear.

We also have a new color in Iron Heart's Ultra-Heavy flannel series. These are brushed on the inside and are super comfortable.

Along with these new shirts we have a fresh restock of the 777 fit in the lightweight 14oz denim, the 633 straight tapered fit in Iron Heart's 21oz flagship denim, and their heavy duty leather belts in six different styles.

Shop Iron Heart Online

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Studio D'Artisan Self Edge Exclusive Black Jeans & Shouken Silk Shirts

This week we have a new Self Edge exclusive Studio D'Artisan jean made of a black warp and black weft slub denim. This 14oz denim is woven on Japan's famed G3 Toyoda loom and is made of a black sulfur-dyed slub cotton for maximum fading capabilities with a white (blank) selvedge ID. The goat leather patch has been dyed black and all the hardware is also fully blacked out. These come in a straight tapered fit with a medium rise.

Along with this new black jean we have a special summer shirt made of a silk kimono-style fabric. A limited run of this silk fabric was made in 10 different colors and designs; depending on the size of the shirt you purchase you will receive a different color/design of the fabric. This is one of the most unique summer shirts we've seen and the feel of the fabric is top notch.

Shop Studio D'Artisan Online

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im looking to buy some Ironhearts, 21 oz. I like the levis 541 "athletic fit" in size 32. What would be a good size and fit in IH? A little tighter is fine. Having a hard time seeing the difference between some of the styles. thanks

Last edited:

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Im looking to buy some Ironhearts, 21 oz. I like the levis 541 "athletic fit" in size 32. What would be a good size and fit in IH? A little tighter is fine. Having a hard time seeing the difference between some of the styles. thanks
I think the 633 fit would be good for you, it's a bit of a straight leg fit above the knee and then has a taper below for a slim fit.
It's available in quite a few denim colors/weights/styles: https://www.selfedge.com/index.php?route=product/search&description=1&search=633

Newcomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking great here!

Roberts are being shipped to all of our stores July 6th and should be available by July 10th.
Any word on these guys? Hopefully they are not caught up in the morass that is international shipping.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Any word on these guys? Hopefully they are not caught up in the morass that is international shipping.
The shipping isn't the issue.. it's that our stores are still closed so there's nowhere to send them just yet. Our NY and Mexico stores are open, but they need to ship them out to all 5 stores at the same time. We hope to be open again at all locations within the next week so we can have non-online releases hitting all our stores again.

Newcomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The shipping isn't the issue.. it's that our stores are still closed so there's nowhere to send them just yet. Our NY and Mexico stores are open, but they need to ship them out to all 5 stores at the same time. We hope to be open again at all locations within the next week so we can have non-online releases hitting all our stores again.
What an absolute nightmare. In my neck of the woods, we will probably be re-locked down soon enough. I don't envy any small(ish) business owner, particularly with B&M.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.