• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX - Japanese Denim & More (Iron Heart, 3sixteen, Flat Head, Strike Gold...

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
so...i want a denim jacket - where do i start?
i have a decent amount of experience in raw denim jeans, but don't know anything about denim jackets (raw, or otherwise). there seems to be an infinite number of style choices (Type 1,2,3, - in addition to each brand having its own cut)

are there any guides? my understanding is that denim jackets are even harder than denim jeans to fade - how long / how many daily wears would i expect to need to bring a raw black denim jacket to a nice, faded black? i'm worried i won't be wearing raw denim jacket enough to give it any character - and in that case what other options do i have?
As you said there are three (main) styles of denim jackets, the higher the number generally and the less boxy it will fit and of course the details are different between each style, and sometimes on a Type III you may even get hand pockets.
Denim jackets are only harder to fade than jeans only because you wear them less and there's less natural abrasion on a jacket compared to a pair of jeans.
If you want a black denim jacket the best looking ones over time are overdyed ones, ones which are indigo denim overdyed/garment dyed black, the fading is very interesting, and within a year of regular wear you'll see some great fading in the arms/elbows.
We have quite a selection of denim jackets in stock here, 28 different ones to be exact!
:

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Beautiful Bandanas & Chambray Shirts from Mister Freedom

This week Mister Freedom drops a couple of hot releases on us. First up we have the nicest bandana we've ever stocked at our stores. These are made in Japan and from the print to the packaging this is some top notch work. Check the product page for a very long explanation of every aspect of these things. These are available now in red or navy.

We've also received a new vat-dyed chambray shirt complete with some cool Mister Freedom stylings and those nice painted snap buttons which chip over time.

Both of these items are available now online.

Shop Mister Freedom Online

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.