• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX - Japanese Denim & More (Iron Heart, 3sixteen, Flat Head, Strike Gold...

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Fine Creek's Leon Custom Horsehide Jacket
We've just received a restock of Fine Creek's Leon Custom horsehide jacket at all stores and online.

These are available in small numbers and are only made once or twice a year at the most. so unfortunately restocks don't come often. Check the product page on our site for all specs and info on this model.

Shop Fine Creek Online

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kiya, any news/update re: The Flat Head pretty much ending the current version of the brand? Will any of their core stuff continue to be made, that you know of?

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Kiya, any news/update re: The Flat Head pretty much ending the current version of the brand? Will any of their core stuff continue to be made, that you know of?
It's a very complicated situation.. just gave some info to Heddels and they should be putting up more info shortly.
They've asked me not to speak publicly about their plans, but Flat Head as we know it is done, though some things like the Wild Child wallets, Delraiser jackets, engineer boots, etc.. will still be made.

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a very complicated situation.. just gave some info to Heddels and they should be putting up more info shortly.
They've asked me not to speak publicly about their plans, but Flat Head as we know it is done, though some things like the Wild Child wallets, Delraiser jackets, engineer boots, etc.. will still be made.
Will they continue to make their jewelry?

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn...hopefully they don't go fast fashion on us. Interested in seeing what they put out.

yungchomsky

Reaction score
Jeans fitting question for y'all: I bought a pair of the Iron Heart 888S 5 or 6 months ago at Self Edge in SF. I got them in my normal waist size (32). The waist fits well, but I guess I was expecting them to break in/loosen up more than they have. Specifically, the hip/crotch area is a little too snug when sitting or moving, and the side pockets are difficult to get my hands into.

So -- is there any possible alteration that would help? Should I try to break them in more? Or should I sell them and size up + take in the waist next time?

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Jeans fitting question for y'all: I bought a pair of the Iron Heart 888S 5 or 6 months ago at Self Edge in SF. I got them in my normal waist size (32). The waist fits well, but I guess I was expecting them to break in/loosen up more than they have. Specifically, the hip/crotch area is a little too snug when sitting or moving, and the side pockets are difficult to get my hands into.

So -- is there any possible alteration that would help? Should I try to break them in more? Or should I sell them and size up + take in the waist next time?
From what it sounds like I don't believe an alteration would help you much, and if the waist and top block isn't super tight it just sounds like they need some more time to be broken in. I would wear them a bit more, don't wear a belt, and even give them a cold water wash and put them on while they're still somewhat damp and that should stretch out the areas you need stretched out.
If that doesn't work I would check out a jean with a roomier top block like the 633 from Iron Heart or the 714 from Stevenson.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Overdyed Iron Heart Denim Jackets & New Shirts!

Here we have the long awaited new "All-Season" Iron Heart Overdyed Denim Jacket. This version comes in a modified length, hand pockets added for functionality, and made of a 14oz base denim which now weighs almost 16oz after the overdye process.

We also a new 10oz flannel shirt and a 13oz double-indigo faced shirt, both available from small to xxx-large.

All three of these items are available now in all stores and online.

Shop Iron Heart Online

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Human Made Slub Cotton T-Shirt - RGB TeeVee

Here we have the last release of the season for Human Made in the form of a slub cotton t-shirt. This is the last item being released until their fall collection later this year.

Available now at all stores.

Shop Human Made Online

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The 3sixteen Overdyed 40ODB "Caustic Wave" Modified Type III Jacket

One of the best selling denim jackets of the past few years has been 3sixteen’s modified Type III. We’re happy to announce that it’s now being made in an overdyed version using the Caustic Wave 40BSP denim. We've never felt an overdyed denim like this, something about the way the Caustic Wave denim reacts to being overdyed is magic, you truly have to try this on to understand.

The sizing on this new production run is perfect and can be purchased both in-store and online now.

Shop 3sixteen Online

mypants

Reaction score
Man, that 3sixteen od type 3 looks pretty sweet. I’ve been thinking of getting the Iron Heart version since you listed it a few weeks ago, but I may have to reconsider now...

Tough choice! They both look great.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Man, that 3sixteen od type 3 looks pretty sweet. I’ve been thinking of getting the Iron Heart version since you listed it a few weeks ago, but I may have to reconsider now...

Tough choice! They both look great.
They're both great jackets, and both come in a similar weight. The Iron Heart one is a bit more rigid while the 3sixteen one is super comfortable because that denim reacts so differently to be overdyed that it's quite soft.

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.