1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX - Japanese Denim & More (Iron Heart, 3sixteen, Flat Head, Strike Gold...

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Dec 22, 2006.

Tags:
  1. kiya

kiya Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Self Edge x Toyo Enterprises = SEXT17 - The Stealth Jungle Cloth Pant

Two years ago we released a collaboration with Toyo Enterprises which ended up being one of the most popular Self Edge exclusive products we'd done. We're revisiting the idea of the jungle cloth fabric and have stepped up the hardware a bit and made it in black fabric this time.

Self Edge and Toyo Enterprises have come together to bring the ultimate pant in terms of hardware, details, and fit. Jungle Cloth fabric, hidden rivets, Sugar Cane pin-check pocket bags, red cotton twill inner leg seam lining, dark indigo poly-core stitch, iron embossed buttons, Buzz Rickson UFO rivets, and a slim fit round out this new release produced in a limited run.

We've seen quite a few khaki fabric pants enter the market over the past few years, we wanted to do our version in a slim cut. A version that is not only extremely comfortable but uses a fabric far more interesting, more durable, more versatile, and more comfortable than a khaki fabric. Jungle Cloth is exactly that.

The SEXT17 is made of a black garment dyed "Jungle Cloth" (100% cotton gros-grain). Used by the USN from the 1920's to 1950's, this fabric has amazing sturdiness and is also weatherproof and comfortable to wear. It was loomed to USN specs by Toyo's (Sugar Cane, Buzz Rickson, Mister Freedom) fabric mills in Japan.

Jungle cloth is a very durable fabric that far outlasts any khaki (fabric, not color) on the market, also due to it's gros-grain weave the fabric is weatherproof and extremely soft on one side, the inside of the pant. The inside feels like pressed cashmere while the outside is a smooth and slick canvas so any dirt or contaminants are easily brushed off.

The SEXT17 Jungle Cloth Pant wil go on sale at all Self Edge stores at noon (local time) on Saturday, January 7th. The pants will also go on sale at 9am (PST) the same day in our online store. There will be not be a restock of these once sold out. Check the online store under Sugar Cane or Buzz Rickson for a full spec list, size chart, and hi-res photos.

Self Edge x Toyo Enterprises = SEXT17 - The Stealth Jungle Cloth Pant
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. spacepope

spacepope Senior member

Any chance of a Flat Head 5380 restock sometime soon?

3. kiya

F380 restock is coming January 15th.

4. spacepope

spacepope Senior member

5. kiya

Bad news, Flat Head is out of F380 jeans until March.

6. kiya

Coming next week to all stores..
    [​IMG]

7. kiya

Good news, we're getting the 3009 on monday, which is what the F380 was replaced with.

8. ToledoStyle

ToledoStyle Senior member

Getting me 6 of those sweet custom Denim Hangers from Kiya this week.. so pumped.

9. Patrick James

Patrick James Senior member

Quote:
    Seriously awesome jean. Wearing them right now. They're cupping my balls a bit, but that's probably due to a sizing error more than anything...

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  10. Kraken

Kraken Well-Known Member

I can't find the post on the custom jeans hanger. Do you have to preorder them and how much are they?

11. 510kut

510kut Senior member

I could be wrong but I think they are $30 and I don't think you have to pre-order.

12. ToledoStyle

20$ each. PM Kiya he'll fix you up. Forgot where I saw the photo of them but they're pretty sweet. Custom made down the road from SE.

13. mockingboy

mockingboy Senior member

Just wanted to say thanks to the staff at Self Edge NYC.

I just went this afternoon, got a new pairs of dungarees, and I have to say the staff there is legit, super knowledgeable, and really friendly.

Really happy I dropped in, so much more pleasant than a lot of other high end sellers of denim.

-Mike

14. kiya

Been getting a lot of inquiries about the Self edge x Leather Soul x Iron Heart x Alden four-way collaboration project.
    Release date on those boots that you may have seen on forums or twitter is February 18th and retail is $495.

There is a "matching" Iron Heart collab jean releasing on the same day with a new denim we developed with Iron Heart that's a 23oz sanforized fabric that's super dark indigo. The jean has no contrast stitching, it's sewn up in all dark indigo thread, super stealth. we wanted a fabric that was heavier than ih's normal 21oz fabric and would last longer than the heavier unsanforized fabrics so we went with taking the 21oz denim and upping the weight also sanforizing it for comfort and durability. Jeans will be for sale at all three Self Edge stores and in a small number at both Leather Soul stores. Jean price to tba.

15. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

16. ToledoStyle

Kiya... can you offer pre-orders? lol I want both. I've been looking for a nice different pair of denim and preferably heavier than all my others and you just described what I want :) Plus I'm missing an IH pair for my collection.. almost went with the Deep Indigo PBJs now I think I'm going to hold off till these bad boys come.

17. kiya

I'm not big on pre-orders, but we'll have enough of the jeans to go around on the release, we made 300 pairs.

1 person likes this.
  18. bagley920

bagley920 Senior member

What do these denim hangers look like and what are they made of? I've been looking for something sturdy for my denim. Maybe wrought iron...

19. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

Real interested in the denim hangers. Pic anywhere?

20. stevent

stevent Senior member

RKD has photos, last time was maybe in the SExSFxSUx japanese brand I can't remember. It's got curved hooks on each end and is the same as SE has in store