• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX/MX - Japanese Denim & Leather, Top Notch Basics, Very Nice Jewelry + Eyewear, & More

gabby11303

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LandoCal126
Agreed!

The second pic is with them sagged a little bit. That is why they baloon out. If I pull them up, they're not too bad, but then I have a bit of room in the waist.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still think that fit on a new pair is not good. They are going to stretch in the waist and be even larger. If there's one thing I've learned, new sanforized or one-wash denim should be a little painful from the crotch up at first, but then you wind up with such a nice fit after ~20 wears.

PeterParker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gabby11303
I was trying to say that I have a 36 and don't know if I should go down to a 34. I can button up the 36, but I don't think they fit/look how they are supposed to. I can actually sag them quite a bit after I button them up. Here are some pics. In a few of the pics I have them at my waist and a few are sagged a bit. These are a 36, but I didn't know if a 34 would be too tight if I went down in size. It my not look like it in the pics, but there is plenty of room in the butt and the crotch. I think I definitely need to go to a smaller size, but it looks like a pretty big drop off from 36 to 34 as far as the waist, rise, and upper thigh go. I went with the 36 because I have a size 34 IH634S that measure just under 34 in the waist after stretching and they are pretty tight now.
I think the 301s cut only works for certain body types/proportions. I'm not saying that bigger guys can't wear them, but they certainly are less flattering on short and portly body types than taller bodies. seafinch on SuFu wears the size 36 301s great, for example:
Originally Posted by seafinch
IMG_7671.jpg
IMG_7672.jpg
IMG_7673.jpg

After some wear:
Originally Posted by seafinch
::: Update on my IH301S's ::: Thought I'd post some pics of how they're fitting after about two months of semi-regular wear. They've definitely settled down and relaxed a bit. Pretty happy with the fit. ignore the mismatched socks...
IMG_0493.jpg
IMG_0494.jpg
IMG_0492.jpg

His fit does seem more snug from the start, but he is also taller and his photos are from shoulder down, rather than waist down which tends to skew the aspect of bodily proportions. My suggestion: Size down, or just try a different cut (634s, SExIH07, etc.)

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How much are the duffel coats going for at SENY? Would it be possible to get shoulder and chest measurements for the medium and large?

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
How much are the duffel coats going for at SENY? Would it be possible to get shoulder and chest measurements for the medium and large?

I would like the same if possible.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not necessarily. 3Sixteen's site prices on the denim, for instance, is more than SE's.

ajchen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
Hey, the coats go for $440 (free shipping as always) and the measurements for S-L are as follows: Duffel Coat S: 20 1/4" pit to pit, 24.5" shoulder to cuff, 5.25" shoulder Duffel Coat M: 21 1/4" pit to pit, 25" shoulder to cuff, 5.5" shoulder Duffel Coat L: 22 1/4" pit to pit, 25.5" shoulder to cuff, 5.75" shoulder

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How about shoulder measurements?

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bumping for shoulder measurements.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Pretty sure they're sanforized, though... Any shrinking will be lost by stretching, and then some.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads