Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX - Japanese Denim & More (Iron Heart, 3sixteen, Flat Head, Strike Gold...

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Dec 22, 2006.

Tags:
  1. APK

APK Senior member

One last thing: what's the knee measurement on yours? The SE site doesn't have knee measurements for these.

2. Chrispy

Chrispy Senior member

Visited the Self Edge in NY today. Guy at the counter was Allen, he was pretty awesome, talked to my girlfriend about the middle wast while I poked around. I tried on a really awesome dry bones shirt that I'm gonna try to convince my gf to get me for christmas or see if I can pick it up at a later date. It was a dark hickory stripe color and a 38 fit pretty perfectly but I don't know if it would shrink or not.

3. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

One last thing: what's the knee measurement on yours? The SE site doesn't have knee measurements for these.

Not sure where exactly I should measure the knee at (before someone says lol retard I figure it's different for people of different heights) but for me it's 8.75" at the center of my knee.

4. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

Shrink rates, as PeterParker said, are relative to the amound of material shrinking. A 2" inseam shrink figure online will be based on new jeans with full length leg. A 39" leg will shrink more than a 31" leg. That's 8" of material not contributing.

I hot soaked my 5010, and later washed and machine dried them. I originally started with 31" inseam. I ended with 30". I found they shrank during both procedures.

There's nothing wrong with machine drying jeans. It's effective, and you then know you'll be starting from the most shrunk they'll be. No future surprises.

BiG (and my tailor) take knee measurements at 12-13" from crotch.

5. Been Drake

Been Drake Well-Known Member

any news regarding the Jungle Cloth and Steam Locomotive arrivals?

6. kiya

kiya Brand Representative Affiliate Vendor

any news regarding the Jungle Cloth and Steam Locomotive arrivals?

Both will be at SE early January..

7. kiya

Tonight, Friday December 11th, is the Mission Block Party..
    At Self Edge San Francisco we'll be serving beers from 5pm till 10pm and offering 10% off everything in the store.

This offer is only for in-store SF customers, no phone orders or online orders.
    See ya friday night!

[​IMG]

8. APK

APK Senior member

Bummer.

9. migel

migel Active Member

Damn it. I slept on the Skull 5010xx and now they're all out of my size. Currently wearing a pair of new cures but I was thinking of getting a more slim straight cut pair. Now I'm wondering if I should buy the 5507s. Thoughts?

10. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

Kiya;
    can you elaborate on what 'calendaring and singeing' are, and what they do to denim?

I'm assuming this promotes a smoother, less hairy denim, but that's only a guess.

11. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

migel what's your thigh and waist size? I think you'll want slightly beefy thighs if you go with 5507s.

Shrink rates, as PeterParker said, are relative to the amound of material shrinking. A 2" inseam shrink figure online will be based on new jeans with full length leg. A 39" leg will shrink more than a 31" leg. That's 8" of material not contributing.

I hot soaked my 5010, and later washed and machine dried them. I originally started with 31" inseam. I ended with 30". I found they shrank during both procedures.

There's nothing wrong with machine drying jeans. It's effective, and you then know you'll be starting from the most shrunk they'll be. No future surprises.

BiG (and my tailor) take knee measurements at 12-13" from crotch.

My knee measurement is the same as BiG's so I guess we do the same.

Asians don't use dryers fyi. I have never seen a dryer once in all my time in Japan, China, and Korea.

12. APK

APK Senior member

Do my eyes deceive me, or is that an IH heavy hombre flannel the late DJ AM wearing here?

[​IMG]

13. HEWSINATOR

HEWSINATOR Senior member

There have been a few pics posted. Your eyes are good.

14. Christobevii3

Christobevii3 Senior member

I've got two pairs of 1966 sugar canes size 34x34 and have been looking at obtaining another pair of something. They are slightly baggy in the knees but are just right in the calves/below and at the waist. I just got a pair of 34 weird guy naked and famous and they are crushing my nuts and almost no room anywhere except the waist (they fit like a 36).

Is there a jean that fits pretty similar to the sugar canes 1966 that is slightly snugger in the knees? My new make 501 stf's aren't giving me as bad as of knee bags so that fit would be perfect

15. kiya

Do my eyes deceive me, or is that an IH heavy hombre flannel the late DJ AM wearing here?

[​IMG]

Yup, i sold him that shirt a year ago at the SF store... RIP Adam.

I've got two pairs of 1966 sugar canes size 34x34 and have been looking at obtaining another pair of something. They are slightly baggy in the knees but are just right in the calves/below and at the waist. I just got a pair of 34 weird guy naked and famous and they are crushing my nuts and almost no room anywhere except the waist (they fit like a 36).

Is there a jean that fits pretty similar to the sugar canes 1966 that is slightly snugger in the knees? My new make 501 stf's aren't giving me as bad as of knee bags so that fit would be perfect

Check these out, i think it's exactly what you're looking for:
    http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...roducts_id=476