Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX - Japanese Denim & More (Iron Heart, 3sixteen, Flat Head, Strike Gold...

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Dec 22, 2006.

Tags:
  1. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

i have $144 in Self Edge credit willing to sell ... PM me please

2. pooMonger

pooMonger Well-Known Member

The waist on my IH634s stretched out considerably. Initial fit was extremely snug and it was tough to get the top bottom on. A year later, I have to wear them with a belt or else they just slide down.

3. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

Just got the 3Sixteen ST-210 Slim Black-coated denim (sz 34) in the mail, and need some sizing advice: [​IMG] [​IMG] This is only my second pair of respectable denim; my size 31 APC NS has stretched out considerably, to a tad big in the waist and a lot in the knees, but it's pretty good in the top block. Should I size down one? These have a bit of room to spare in the waist and are especially big at the crotch (esp w/ it's stretching, although I suppose it won't be a huge diff), but I'm a little worried about how skinny the knee is going to be if I go down to a 33. I'm leaning towards an exchange, though...

4. Crooow

Crooow Senior member

I'm not a fan of super-skinny jeans on guys, but respectfully, those look too big on you. Granted, they will shrink some with first wash, but then will stretch out even more with wear.

5. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

6. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

I'm not a fan of super-skinny jeans on guys, but respectfully, those look too big on you. Granted, they will shrink some with first wash, but then will stretch out even more with wear.

those look stupidbig

Thanks for the help.

Stupidbig enough for TWOOOOOOOOO sizes down??

7. kiya

kiya Brand Representative Affiliate Vendor

Brothersport, send those back asap for a size 33.

8. Racove

Racove Senior member

Any updates on the flannel-lined Ironhearts? I am considering the SEXIH07 but don't know if i should wait for the flannel-lined ones

9. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

Thanks for the help.

dunno. that cut may not be the best. but. dunno. at least one down. looking at that, the knee is the least of your worries.

10. hbornste

hbornste Member

Hey Kiya,

I asked this in another thread but no one answered. What jeans do you sell that will fade similarly to APCs? While I realize that APC denim is of lesser quality than many other brands, I love the the unique, dark yellow-tinted fades it achieves over time. I guess I am looking for something similar but which won't start falling apart after a year. Thanks!

11. kiya

Hey Kiya,

I asked this in another thread but no one answered. What jeans do you sell that will fade similarly to APCs? While I realize that APC denim is of lesser quality than many other brands, I love the the unique, dark yellow-tinted fades it achieves over time. I guess I am looking for something similar but which won't start falling apart after a year. Thanks!

I'd try anything by Imperial or 3sixteen. Both using denim that's been singed, calendared, and sanforized.

12. APK

APK Senior member

Question regarding the Superfuture jeans from earlier this year:

How much of the inseam are you going to lose when you finally wash them (assuming you've already hot soaked them and lost the approximate two inches)?

13. kiya

Question regarding the Superfuture jeans from earlier this year:

How much of the inseam are you going to lose when you finally wash them (assuming you've already hot soaked them and lost the approximate two inches)?

I'd say a maximum of another .5".

14. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

Thanks for the help.

dunno. that cut may not be the best. but. dunno. at least one down. looking at that, the knee is the least of your worries.

Brothersport, send those back asap for a size 33.

My immediate reactions was waay too big as well. Those are sanforized (= little to no real shrink). Buy them fitted, even snug, if anything.

15. hurhur

hurhur Senior member

man, those flat heads look seriously sweet. tempted to buy it. but I just cannot convince myself to get any more jeans and I'm just one month into my SEXSC06. someone convince me.