Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX - Japanese Denim & More (Iron Heart, 3sixteen, Flat Head, Strike Gold...

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Dec 22, 2006.

Tags:
  1. ajchen

ajchen Affiliate Vendor

This is true if denim is unsanforized... all 3sixteen denim is sanforized so there's no need to soak jeans before hemming.

Also there are no SL's with coating on them. The ST-210 is the only coated denim we make.

Hemming is generally done post-soak and if you soak the SLs you'll lose the coating

2. kiya

kiya Brand Representative Affiliate Vendor

Kiya,

Will you soon be getting a restock on the flathead chambray shirt or the flathead flannels?

Yup, we'll have a new run of Flat Head chambrays (finally!) at both stores and online in about a week in indigo and beige.

3. littlebeast

littlebeast Active Member

4. dmash

dmash Senior member

Kiya, do you have any black jeans, around a 32" waist, with around a 12" thigh?

Something similar to my Flathead F380's size 32 but in black.

5. kiya

kiya Brand Representative Affiliate Vendor

Kiya, do you have any black jeans, around a 32" waist, with around a 12" thigh?

Something similar to my Flathead F380's size 32 but in black.

This is pretty much exactly what you're looking for in a size 32:
    http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...roducts_id=297

6. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

It seems like everyone is loving the 3sixteen denim. From the pics the slim cut seems kind of feminine the way it tapers in at the knee. Kind of like a super slim boot cut. Maybe I need to give them a second look.

Knee taper helps with 'knee bag' (help me out here if there's a better term), i.e. - knee stretch. Also helps with building and setting creasing behind the knee which many like (including me). Skull 5010's fit the same.

3sixteen stretch 1.5" in the waist according to SelfEdge. That's APC territory. If you've owned APC, Jean Shop or any other stretchy jean, this is a smart cut for the knee. It'll stretch to look 'normal' in no time, and no knee bagginess.

7. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

Really? I just figured i'd get them hemmed to a larger length and then after a soak they'd shrink to something do-able... thats what i was told to do anyway

Splattered - thanks for the blow-by-blow on the 3sixtens. I'm this close to ordering a pair along with the Dry Bones I'm going for in a few days.

Keep us posted, because for only 30 bucks more than APC, I'm liking what I see.

Can you give us a review of the 3sixteen compared to the denim of the APC? Details you liked?

Would also be curious about how the top block of them compares to the APC fit when new, which I don't like much.

8. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

This is true if denim is unsanforized... all 3sixteen denim is sanforized so there's no need to soak jeans before hemming. Also there are no SL's with coating on them. The ST-210 is the only coated denim we make.
    That's what I meant, whatever

9. splattered

splattered Senior member

Splattered - thanks for the blow-by-blow on the 3sixtens. I'm this close to ordering a pair along with the Dry Bones I'm going for in a few days.

Keep us posted, because for only 30 bucks more than APC, I'm liking what I see.

Can you give us a review of the 3sixteen compared to the denim of the APC? Details you liked?

Would also be curious about how the top block of them compares to the APC fit when new, which I don't like much.

Errr my experience w this stuff is pretty limited, i don't know what kind of a review i could provide... I guess i'll post back after i've worn them for awhile.

FYI i laid the SL-100x over my worn APC NS and the cut was near identical from what i could tell... the cut was maybe a tiny bit wider all the way down which falls in line with the posted measurements on selfedge/context.

Not sure about the top block... like what do you want to know exactly?

I like the hardware... the 3sixteen logo detail on the top button is pretty spiffy and i liked the cross stitch details on the sides of the back pockets or whatever. I like that they do that but still leave the actual pockets blank.

I'm sending back the black dry coated for black straights, the slims just seem TOO slim for me. My nudie slim jims strangle my knees and lower thighs and these slims are slimmer from mid thigh all the way down. Don't think i could rock em comfortably and i'm a pretty skinny guy.

10. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

Errr my experience w this stuff is pretty limited, i don't know what kind of a review i could provide... I guess i'll post back after i've worn them for awhile.

FYI i laid the SL-100x over my worn APC NS and the cut was near identical from what i could tell... the cut was maybe a tiny bit wider all the way down which falls in line with the posted measurements on selfedge/context.

Not sure about the top block... like what do you want to know exactly?

I like the hardware... the 3sixteen logo detail on the top button is pretty spiffy and i liked the cross stitch details on the sides of the back pockets or whatever. I like that they do that but still leave the actual pockets blank.

I'm sending back the black dry coated for black straights, the slims just seem TOO slim for me. My nudie slim jims strangle my knees and lower thighs and these slims are slimmer from mid thigh all the way down. Don't think i could rock em comfortably and i'm a pretty skinny guy.

Your newer eyes are just as valid as someone with more 'experience'. All great info.

Does the denim feel as smooth as the APC? Nice weight? Looks pretty close.

I don't like the top block of the APC because it makes me look like I have girl hips until the jeans break in. Not sure why, probably just the top block cut, but it's the only fit that does that on me.

11. splattered

splattered Senior member

3Sixteen - second glance.

I had to drop my cousin off at home during lunch so i took the time to look over the 3sixteen again.

The slim dry coated are really nice, just too skinny for me...

The Indigo straights are nice but i looked over them closer since i am wanting to keep them and noticed some things that disappointed me.

The stitching on this pair for some reason is very sloppy. Loose threads here and there on the ends and i'm worried they will come out with wear.

The extra stitching shooting off of the back pockets are just an extra 2 inch stitch instead of the actual pocket stitching coming all the way off the pockets onto the jeans in a constant line. So they just stitched the back pockets on like normal and then added a 2 inch horizontal and vertical line on the top outer edges. That would be fine except the extra stitches don't fall totally in line with the existing pocket stitching showing denim between the lines and it looks a little weird if you actually pay attention.

The pocket stitching on the left pocket veer OFF of the pocket down on the bottom before they cut across, so they actually dart to the left onto the jeans itself and then back onto the pocket along the bottom. This is clearly a mistake as its only the left pocket and the black dry coated stitching is 100% better and all in line.

Smooth... i dunno? It seems like both APC and 3six are rough? The weight seems about the same... and the feel/quality seem on par with APC. It really just sorta seems like the SL straights are their version of the NS with nice extra little details.

As for the top block cut... haha i don't really know. Like i said they're cut very similarly so you can prob expect close to the same?

12. dmash

dmash Senior member

Kiya you have PM

13. euler

euler New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

anyone have any idea what belt this guy is wearing?

14. HEWSINATOR

HEWSINATOR Senior member

15. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

that vest is sick. the khakis are sick. i looked at my bank account. now i am sick.