Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX - Japanese Denim & More (Iron Heart, 3sixteen, Flat Head, Strike Gold...

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Dec 22, 2006.

Tags:
  1. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

I'm guessing Iron Heart...

Ah, just saw the '21oz denim' comment. You won that one...

I keep thinking two things: 1. that shit's gonna stretch, and 2. I don't see any grommets, stops or tie-downs holding that on for windy days, 'specially when it stretches.

Did you guys secure/lash that on top? Or is that a fastener I see on the bottom left?

2. zissou

zissou Senior member

That banner's awesome, kiya. You should print the logo in navy above and below so you can see which stands out over time. I bet that shit's gonna fade quick!

3. Crakaveli

Crakaveli Senior member

sun, rain, wind, and snow fades?

4. fashunhor

fashunhor Senior member

It seems like everyone is loving the 3sixteen denim. From the pics the slim cut seems kind of feminine the way it tapers in at the knee. Kind of like a super slim boot cut. Maybe I need to give them a second look.

5. APK

APK Senior member

It seems like everyone is loving the 3sixteen denim. From the pics the slim cut seems kind of feminine the way it tapers in at the knee. Kind of like a super slim boot cut. Maybe I need to give them a second look.

Depends what size you wear. I've seen fit pics in 32 and 33 and they've looked like a nice slim cut.

6. bassmanpatsfan18

bassmanpatsfan18 Senior member

I'm definitely excited about these khaki jeans. How limited will the run be?

7. splattered

splattered Senior member

Ok well i was stoked as hell to receive my 3sixteens today... until i got em out of the box and tossed them on the bed and compared them.

Before even trying them on i broke out my tape measure and the indigo slim ST 28 measure 30" across the waist WITH dip and 8" at the knee going down to a 7.5 hem. Whereas the black dry coated ST 28 measure 29 across the waist WITH dip, and 7" from the knee all the way down to a 7" hem.

On top of this, they only hemmed the indigo to a 34 and left the black dry coated at a 36.

Bummed.

Yes.

*On a side note, even though i have limited exposure to dry jeans - i will say that i like these as much or more than the APC i'm currently rocking. Love the hardware and the seam details on the back pockets etc.

My Nudies suddenly feel hugely overpriced ha ha

8. connor

connor Senior member

not every pair is going to be dead on. ive seen larger inconsistenies

9. splattered

splattered Senior member

Opened up the SE site again and looked at the listed measurements... i went back and checked the jeans i received and it turns out the indigo i received are SL-100x per the inside tag. Not the ST-100x as i ordered and is on the receipt.

That explains the huge differences. Duhr on my part.

I checked the receipt though, i DID order the ST for both pairs.

So i received one totally incorrect pair and one pair that wasn't hemmed.

Guess i gotta call customer service Monday.

10. obnavox3

obnavox3 Senior member

I've been wearing my SL-100X Indigos for a few weeks straight and they're great. They've only stretched maybe 3/4 of an inch in the waist with the belt I've been wearing. They fit me much better than the Nudie Average Joes.

11. splattered

splattered Senior member

Due to the fact that it's halloween and i gotta go take my kid trick or treating, i don't have time to try both of these on but i tried the indigo SL-100x and they fit close to my APC NS and just a bit bigger than the slim jims... if both ST are as slim as the black coated i got, i might just send them back for the black SL esp since they aren't hemmed. Was it fate? Perhaps. haha. I'm just worried about stretch, as the 28s already measure near 30...

12. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Ok well i was stoked as hell to receive my 3sixteens today... until i got em out of the box and tossed them on the bed and compared them. Before even trying them on i broke out my tape measure and the indigo slim ST 28 measure 30" across the waist WITH dip and 8" at the knee going down to a 7.5 hem. Whereas the black dry coated ST 28 measure 29 across the waist WITH dip, and 7" from the knee all the way down to a 7" hem. On top of this, they only hemmed the indigo to a 34 and left the black dry coated at a 36. Bummed. Yes. *On a side note, even though i have limited exposure to dry jeans - i will say that i like these as much or more than the APC i'm currently rocking. Love the hardware and the seam details on the back pockets etc. My Nudies suddenly feel hugely overpriced ha ha
    Hemming is generally done post-soak and if you soak the SLs you'll lose the coating

13. gdc_2008

gdc_2008 Senior member

I have to say at 194 pages...this thread consistantly makes me depressed that my ass is so damn broke [​IMG]

14. splattered

splattered Senior member

Hemming is generally done post-soak and if you soak the SLs you'll lose the coating

Really? I just figured i'd get them hemmed to a larger length and then after a soak they'd shrink to something do-able... thats what i was told to do anyway

15. littlebeast

littlebeast Active Member

Kiya,

Will you soon be getting a restock on the flathead chambray shirt or the flathead flannels?