Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX - Japanese Denim & More (Iron Heart, 3sixteen, Flat Head, Strike Gold...

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Dec 22, 2006.

Tags:
  1. jaydc7

jaydc7 Senior member

wesley snipes is checkin out yo ass

they shrink more in the waist than they do in the thigh..

if the fit doesnt work for you, you could find something else that does

2. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

Kiya:

I looked but was unable to find the answer: is Selfedge offering a monthly discount on different models/manufacturers anymore, or is this history? Is it only Nudies now?

3. kiya

kiya Brand Representative Affiliate Vendor

Kiya: I looked but was unable to find the answer: is Selfedge offering a monthly discount on different models/manufacturers anymore, or is this history? Is it only Nudies now?
    It's only Nudies now, we can barely keep anything in stock as it is to be offering any regular discounts..

4. dmash

dmash Senior member

It's only Nudies now, we can barely keep anything in stock as it is to offer a discount...

Edit

5. APK

APK Senior member

What's so confusing?
    They shrink to tagged size, every single model with the exception of the SE05BSP.
    They make about 15 different models, every single one shrinks to the tagged size.

So if I take a 33 in most jeans, I would take a 33 with the F310? I'm mostly concerned about the waist and the thighs.

Maybe a dumb question, but I'm assuming different time durations affect the amount of shrinking. If someone does one hot soak, should they expect more shrinkage after a second one later on?

6. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

So if I take a 33 in most jeans, I would take a 33 with the F310? I'm mostly concerned about the waist and the thighs.

Maybe a dumb question, but I'm assuming different time durations affect the amount of shrinking. If someone does one hot soak, should they expect more shrinkage after a second one later on?

Not a dumb question, but a very common one. Organic fibers behave in many different non-predictable ways depending on dozens of factors - thread size, weave type and density, sanforization, etc.

Water temperature, duration and agitation, drying technique all affect shrinkage and indigo loss. So, it's impossible to accurately predict except to actually shrink them.

Most significant shrinkage occurrs in the first soak, in the first 15 minutes or so. Hotter water = more first-time shrink. Later soaks and washes will usually return the jeans to their first post-soak size, but often stretch back out fairly soon.

7. kiya

mlyngard answered your shrinkage question very well.

In terms of sizing, what other jeans do you wear in size 33?

8. constantine.

constantine. Senior member

hey kiya, when's your next nudie restock?

9. kiya

hey kiya, when's your next nudie restock?

Slim Kims are coming this week, full restock of everything else the following week.

10. APK

APK Senior member

mlyngard answered your shrinkage question very well.

In terms of sizing, what other jeans do you wear in size 33?

The only raw denim I've owned were KMW 1980s. The waist on those wasn't loose, but it didn't feel at all uncomfortable. Moreover, the thighs felt a bit too loose, even though I think I've got fairly big thighs.

What's prevented me from sizing down to a 32 elsewhere has always been my rear. Sizing down has generally meant nothing is left to the imagination when you look at my backside.

As I said, with the F310, my main concern would be the thighs and perhaps the waist. I know the waist would stretch probably to an ideal size. How much does the thigh tend to shrink?

11. kiya

The only raw denim I've owned were KMW 1980s. The waist on those wasn't loose, but it didn't feel at all uncomfortable. Moreover, the thighs felt a bit too loose, even though I think I've got fairly big thighs.

What's prevented me from sizing down to a 32 elsewhere has always been my rear. Sizing down has generally meant nothing is left to the imagination when you look at my backside.

As I said, with the F310, my main concern would be the thighs and perhaps the waist. I know the waist would stretch probably to an ideal size. How much does the thigh tend to shrink?

I'd say a size 34 in the F310 would be the perfect fit for you, thighs shrink ~.4" after a hot soak.

12. dmash

dmash Senior member

Kiya, with these 32 BSP's, how much stretch do you think I will get in the thighs? Will it be a considerable amount since my thighs and quads are pushing so hard against the fabric?

13. jessetk313

jessetk313 Senior member

Any new word on Skull Kiya? Will they be making any more jeans for this yr?

14. kiya

Kiya, with these 32 BSP's, how much stretch do you think I will get in the thighs? Will it be a considerable amount since my thighs and quads are pushing so hard against the fabric?

You'll get about .5" of stretch after some long wear, but not much more. .5" is considerable in the thighs though.

Any new word on Skull Kiya? Will they be making any more jeans for this yr?

Nope, hopefully this year, i wouldn't wait.

15. alliswell

alliswell Senior member

Just got into my post-soak IH 634 SRs for the first time - after steaming the waist open again [​IMG] 23.5 oz is serious weight denim. Makes my FHs feel lightweight.