Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX - Japanese Denim & More (Iron Heart, 3sixteen, Flat Head, Strike Gold...

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Dec 22, 2006.

Tags:
  1. CityHunter

CityHunter Senior member

Kiya -
    Is there any possibility that you will be producing any of the Self Edge shirts with a longer vertical length, more forgiving to those of us with longer torsos? They are beautiful shirts, I just with they were a bit longer...

2. ToruOkada

ToruOkada Senior member

going to post alot of photos from last night... message me who you are and what you look like if you don't want to be posted. Also give me an entertaining reason why haha.
    post em!

3. tomahn

tomahn Member

Stopped by SENY to buy a pair of 3sixteen sl-100's. Just wanted to say great store and awesome shopping experience. Thanks andrew and staff.

4. kiya

kiya Brand Representative Affiliate Vendor

First off some bad news.. Ande Whall will not be coming to Self Edge for quite a while, we'd say Fall of 2010 to be safe, if you were waiting for it i'd look for a different product for the time being.

Now good news, we've seen the Steam Locomotive samples and they've gotten us quite worked up. We feel that the brand's denim and jean line-up can turn into the next Flat Head for the export market due to the denim quality, uniqueness, and fits. We should have those December 1st along with some cordovan bracelets and cowhide wallets.

Also, fall is starting to roll in from all our brands and there's some interesting things that are a shade different than what we've been known for being brought in from Flat Head, Real Japan Blues, and Buzz Rickson.

5. milosz

milosz Senior member

Kiya, can you describe the Steam Locomotive wallets? I'm looking for a new mid-length or long wallet but I'd hold off for something interesting.

The IHs have just about the perfect amount of storage for me, but I want to get something in tan or natural rather than black. (And the $680 tag is a bit scary).

6. alexwgoody

alexwgoody Senior member

7. joel_954

joel_954 Senior member

8. kiya

9. kiya

Fall Collections from Iron Heart, Sugar Cane, Buzz Rickson, & Self Edge

Fall collections are coming into stock here with some rare restocks and also some new items.

Iron Heart brings us the Viyella flannels and the Shaggy Check Snap Shirts, both made of soft flannel fabric with the Shaggy Checks super brushed on the outside for a very soft hand.

From Sugar Cane we've received a Black Jean Cord shirt, a Navy Mini-Herringbone Workshirt, and a restock of the black and blue Pin Check Short Sleeve Shirts.

Buzz Rickson has done their yearly run of their famous 1910's style Navy Pea Coats, very limited in quantities and we only receive these once a year, once sold out we'll have no more for another year. We've also gotten a full restock of the Grey Loopwheeled Crewnecks which are an essential basic to any wardrobe.

We've gotten a hold of some deadstock Liberty of London fabric from the 1960's and we've used it line the new Self Edge Mr. Lucky caps, a denim cap with leather trim and a Liberty of London fabric lining, quite possible the most impressive cap we've ever seen construction and detail wise.

All these items are available now in our online store and at both Self Edge San Francisco and Self Edge New York. Check the online store for hi-res photos and full specs and measurements:
    http://www.selfedge.com/shop/

Iron Heart Viyella Shirts
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Iron Heart Shaggy Check Snap Shirts
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sugar Cane Black Jean Cord Shirt
    [​IMG]

Sugar Cane Navy Mini-Herringbone Workshirt
    [​IMG]

Sugar Cane Black Pin Check
    [​IMG]

Buzz Rickson 1910's Style Pea Coat
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Buzz Rickson Grey Loopwheeled Crewneck
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Self Edge Mr. Lucky Cap
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. ToruOkada

ToruOkada Senior member

That SC mini herringbone shirt looks awesome.

11. HOT Sriracha

HOT Sriracha Senior member

Any "SL-200x Straight Leg Black Selvedge" restock for SESF soon? or does SENY have more in stock for order?

12. kiya

Any "SL-200x Straight Leg Black Selvedge" restock for SESF soon? or does SENY have more in stock for order?

We'll have more in our online store next week at some point, or feel free to phone order one from the NY store.

13. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

I wish I was rich because every update has at least one item I want.

14. DECEMBER

DECEMBER Senior member

Kiya what's your recommended method for soaking unsanforized denim? And is it a good idea to wear them while soaking? Would it allow for full shrinkage to occur? Since if it's true to size it can't shrink smaller than my waist.. Self Edge x Sugar Cane = SEXSC06 http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...roducts_id=374 those look like they feel very rough yet are made of light material. How's the durability? I guess someone's gonna recommend me Iron Hearts but I'm looking for something in the medium durability range. Maybe 16oz like the 1001 Flat Heads but when are you guys getting a restock? -- Oh yea, and just curious but how come SE's shipping charges are so high while others are able to offer free shipping? Also, how are some store-owners able to omit sales tax? Always wondered about that..

15. Omega Man

Omega Man Senior member

Oh yea, and just curious but how come SE's shipping charges are so high while others are able to offer free shipping?

I always thought SE prices already include shipping anywhere in the world. No? I bought a few items from Kiya and never had to pay any shipping.