• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX/MX - Japanese Denim & Leather, Top Notch Basics, Very Nice Jewelry + Eyewear, & More

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kiya -
Is there any possibility that you will be producing any of the Self Edge shirts with a longer vertical length, more forgiving to those of us with longer torsos? They are beautiful shirts, I just with they were a bit longer...

ToruOkada

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by manifest v
going to post alot of photos from last night... message me who you are and what you look like if you don't want to be posted. Also give me an entertaining reason why haha.
post em!

tomahn

Reaction score
Stopped by SENY to buy a pair of 3sixteen sl-100's. Just wanted to say great store and awesome shopping experience. Thanks andrew and staff.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
First off some bad news.. Ande Whall will not be coming to Self Edge for quite a while, we'd say Fall of 2010 to be safe, if you were waiting for it i'd look for a different product for the time being.

Now good news, we've seen the Steam Locomotive samples and they've gotten us quite worked up. We feel that the brand's denim and jean line-up can turn into the next Flat Head for the export market due to the denim quality, uniqueness, and fits. We should have those December 1st along with some cordovan bracelets and cowhide wallets.

Also, fall is starting to roll in from all our brands and there's some interesting things that are a shade different than what we've been known for being brought in from Flat Head, Real Japan Blues, and Buzz Rickson.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kiya, can you describe the Steam Locomotive wallets? I'm looking for a new mid-length or long wallet but I'd hold off for something interesting.

The IHs have just about the perfect amount of storage for me, but I want to get something in tan or natural rather than black. (And the $680 tag is a bit scary).

alexwgoody

Reaction score
kiya;2480355 said:
First off some bad news.. Ande Whall will not be coming to Self Edge for quite a while, we'd say Fall of 2010 to be safe, if you were waiting for it i'd look for a different product for the time being.

NO!!! I was waiting for those. I was planning to come in on the first day to get a pair. What happened?

joel_954

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
alexwgoody;2480734 said:
Originally Posted by kiya

NO!!! I was waiting for those. I was planning to come in on the first day to get a pair. What happened?

Same here!

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
alexwgoody;2480734 said:
Originally Posted by kiya

He's unable to produce the numbers which we need in the styles that we need, so we're going to work on it over the next year and try to bring it in the Fall of 2010. Trust me, we've got enough models right now, we're up to about 40 different models of raw, indigo, Japanese, selvedge jeans. That's not even including the upcoming Steam Locomotive models.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Fall Collections from Iron Heart, Sugar Cane, Buzz Rickson, & Self Edge

Fall collections are coming into stock here with some rare restocks and also some new items.

Iron Heart brings us the Viyella flannels and the Shaggy Check Snap Shirts, both made of soft flannel fabric with the Shaggy Checks super brushed on the outside for a very soft hand.

From Sugar Cane we've received a Black Jean Cord shirt, a Navy Mini-Herringbone Workshirt, and a restock of the black and blue Pin Check Short Sleeve Shirts.

Buzz Rickson has done their yearly run of their famous 1910's style Navy Pea Coats, very limited in quantities and we only receive these once a year, once sold out we'll have no more for another year. We've also gotten a full restock of the Grey Loopwheeled Crewnecks which are an essential basic to any wardrobe.

We've gotten a hold of some deadstock Liberty of London fabric from the 1960's and we've used it line the new Self Edge Mr. Lucky caps, a denim cap with leather trim and a Liberty of London fabric lining, quite possible the most impressive cap we've ever seen construction and detail wise.

All these items are available now in our online store and at both Self Edge San Francisco and Self Edge New York. Check the online store for hi-res photos and full specs and measurements:
http://www.selfedge.com/shop/

Iron Heart Viyella Shirts
01.jpg

02.jpg

Iron Heart Shaggy Check Snap Shirts
02-1.jpg

03.jpg

01-1.jpg

Sugar Cane Black Jean Cord Shirt
sugarcane_striped_01_web.jpg

Sugar Cane Navy Mini-Herringbone Workshirt
sugarcane_blue_01_web.jpg

Sugar Cane Black Pin Check
sc_blk_ss_01_web-754198.jpg

Buzz Rickson 1910's Style Pea Coat
BR-0-765547.jpg

BR-0_01-765720.jpg

BR-0_05-718609.jpg

Buzz Rickson Grey Loopwheeled Crewneck
br_sweater_01-1.jpg

br_sweater_01_01-1.jpg

Self Edge Mr. Lucky Cap
se_cap_02_web.jpg

se_cap_03_web.jpg

se_cap_04_web.jpg

se_cap_05_web.jpg

HOT Sriracha

Reaction score
Any "SL-200x Straight Leg Black Selvedge" restock for SESF soon? or does SENY have more in stock for order?

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HOT Sriracha
Any "SL-200x Straight Leg Black Selvedge" restock for SESF soon? or does SENY have more in stock for order?

We'll have more in our online store next week at some point, or feel free to phone order one from the NY store.

DECEMBER

Reaction score
Kiya what's your recommended method for soaking unsanforized denim? And is it a good idea to wear them while soaking? Would it allow for full shrinkage to occur? Since if it's true to size it can't shrink smaller than my waist.. Self Edge x Sugar Cane = SEXSC06 http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...roducts_id=374 those look like they feel very rough yet are made of light material. How's the durability? I guess someone's gonna recommend me Iron Hearts but I'm looking for something in the medium durability range. Maybe 16oz like the 1001 Flat Heads but when are you guys getting a restock? -- Oh yea, and just curious but how come SE's shipping charges are so high while others are able to offer free shipping? Also, how are some store-owners able to omit sales tax? Always wondered about that..

Omega Man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DECEMBER
Oh yea, and just curious but how come SE's shipping charges are so high while others are able to offer free shipping?

I always thought SE prices already include shipping anywhere in the world. No? I bought a few items from Kiya and never had to pay any shipping.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics