Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX - Japanese Denim & More (Iron Heart, 3sixteen, Flat Head, Strike Gold...

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Dec 22, 2006.

Tags:
  1. kiya

kiya Brand Representative Affiliate Vendor

Self Edge x Imperial = SEXI08

As our 8th collaboration we bring the SEXI08... An 18.5cm slim cut jean made of 15oz unsanforized denim.

We've moved the production of this jean to Japan, where normally Imperial's jeans are made in Australia. Moving the production to Japan enabled us to work closely with the factory and the mill that produced the denim. The outcome is a 15oz unsanforized right hand twill denim made in both indigo and black produced in Ibara, Japan. For those that always wanted an Imperial jean to fade like many of the other Japanese lines we carry with a high intensity fade and quite a bit of character, these are for you as they're sure to age well and fade over time due to the lack of processing the denim has gone through after the weaving process.

The leather tag and silkscreened pocket bag art are an homage to the Australian, Japanese, and American connection. Small rear pockets embroidered with dark indigo thread, chainstitched hems, a custom leather tag, and a silkscreened inner pocket bag round out the features on this custom collaboration between Self Edge and Australia's Imperial Clothing Company. The silhouette is a slim fitting 18.5cm cut with an inseam that shrinks to ~36". These are, quite possibly, the perfect slim fitting jean for us.

The SEXI08 jean will be released at Self Edge San Francisco & Self Edge New York at Noon (Local Time) on Saturday, September 5th.
    The jeans will also be available online at 2pm (PST) the same day.

Check our online store for more information on this jean, a complete specification list, measurements, and hi-res photos:
    http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...f2cfb48efee60a

Self Edge x Imperial Indigo Selvedge = SEXI08
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Self Edge x Imperial Black Selvedge = SEXI08BK
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Crazy

Crazy Well-Known Member

When is the next planned restock of the slim 3Sixteens?

3. bob_gnarly

bob_gnarly Senior member

We get a restock of Imperial every single week, usually on Thursdays but the brand continues to sell out almost instantly every time we get a restock.

do the jeans ever make it to the website? or do they just sell out too fast

4. wmmk

wmmk Senior member

New Imperials looking gooooooood. It's an odd question, but would it be possible to dye the orange/yellow back pocket stitching indigo on my Dukes?

5. Kill_switch

Kill_switch Senior member

its not black, its indigo dye.

6. Ozarks

Ozarks Senior member

When is the next planned restock of the slim 3Sixteens?

I'm curious about the straight legs as well, I really need to stop putting off going up to SF, especially as my friends live about a block away.

7. kiya

We've gotten quite a few emails asking if the SEXI08 is limited.
    All of our collaborations are made in a limited number and never made again, for the SEXI08 there were 150 indigo produced and 70 black.

8. kiya

9. Real Deep

Real Deep New Member

Echo the 3Sixteen sentiments; any info on when you'll re-stock the ST-210 Slim Leg Black Coated? Specifically a 31 if you've a pair lying about.

10. kiya

Echo the 3Sixteen sentiments; any info on when you'll re-stock the ST-210 Slim Leg Black Coated? Specifically a 31 if you've a pair lying about.

We'll have a restock on October 10th.

11. alexwgoody

alexwgoody Senior member

Is it true that you will be carrying Ande Whall's soon? I read an article on the your website that said you got them a month ago, but I don't see them anywhere else on the website.

12. kiya

Is it true that you will be carrying Ande Whall's soon? I read an article on the your website that said you got them a month ago, but I don't see them anywhere else on the website.

We'll have three different models October 15th.

13. wmmk

wmmk Senior member

Weird question, but is there any such thing as an permanent indigo pen/marker? I'd like to make the back pocket stitching on my Dukes a little more subtle (like the SExI08's) by darkening it somehow. I feel like it'd be some sort of sacrilege to use a navy blue sharpie...

14. Chip

Chip Senior member

Sharpie makes a fabric pen.

15. MiniW

MiniW Senior member

I've been wanting to dye a cotton jacket to a different color so I've been reading a bit about fabric dyes. Apparently you can buy actual fabric dye and just mix a little bit of it with water to create a "paint," and use a paintbrush to paint the color on. This is what people do to color silk scarves and tee shirts. But in all seriousness this technique will probably not look any different than using a sharpie in this case.