Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX - Japanese Denim & More (Iron Heart, 3sixteen, Flat Head, Strike Gold...

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Dec 22, 2006.

Tags:
  1. kiya

kiya Brand Representative Affiliate Vendor

whur da skulls at

We're wondering the same thing..

2. kiya

These are now available in our online store...

Iron Heart 634SR 23oz Anniversary Jeans

We're excited to announce the most intense Iron Heart product ever released, their 5th Anniversary 23oz Jeans.

They've really come through with something that's blown us away. For those that always wanted an Iron Heart jean but wanted it to fade with a higher contrast fade but still last near forever, this is it.
    For Iron Heart's 5th anniversary they wanted a denim that trumped everything else, something so intense that it would take over 20 different versions to get it right. What we've gotten is a denim that's unsanforized, which is a first for Iron Heart, and is so heavy and rigid that we cannot imagine how amazing it will look with wear. The denim starts out as a rigid 21oz denim, once soaked the true indigo color really comes out and the post-soak weight of the denim becomes approximately 23.5oz, easily the heaviest fabric they've done.

For those that always wanted a pair of Iron Heart jeans and wanted them to fade a bit quicker and have a more intense contrasty fade, this is the jean you've been waiting for. These are limited to 400 pairs worldwide.

Full specs, hi-res photos, and measurements are now available in our online store on the product page. These are now available in our online store.

Along with the Anniversary jeans we've received a restock of the very popular 301s/9301 Slim Jeans along with the classic 634s and both black and brown belts:
    http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...roducts_id=468

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. APK

APK Senior member

Kiya, was that your last restock of the IH flannels?

4. kiya

Kiya, was that your last restock of the IH flannels?

Yeah, pretty much..

5. morellogames

morellogames New Member

just bought IMPERIAL from SE duke black 29 [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] what do you think? sorry for bad quality pics thx

6. THE GREATEST

THE GREATEST Member

thats a pretty clean fit on you.
    those are gonna be soooo hard to fade.

7. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

I got iron heart 634s a month ago from SE and have worn them for about 3 weeks. They haven't yet seen water. No hemming, either, but they are 34" long and I only have a 30" inseam. I think I want them hemmed for either no cuff or a smallish cuff (about .75 inches) -- but most likely no cuff. When's the best time to bring them in to SE for hemming? After first wash or soak? I don't plan to wash them for 3 or 4 months (or longer), and i want to make sure it makes sense to wait for the hemming.

8. kiya

I got iron heart 634s a month ago from SE and have worn them for about 3 weeks. They haven't yet seen water. No hemming, either, but they are 34" long and I only have a 30" inseam. I think I want them hemmed for either no cuff or a smallish cuff (about .75 inches) -- but most likely no cuff. When's the best time to bring them in to SE for hemming? After first wash or soak? I don't plan to wash them for 3 or 4 months (or longer), and i want to make sure it makes sense to wait for the hemming.

Bring them anytime to get them hemmed, even before you wash them.
    Sounds like you'd want them to be at a 31.5" inseam.

9. triiiangle

triiiangle Member

Bring them anytime to get them hemmed, even before you wash them.
    Sounds like you'd want them to be at a 31.5" inseam.

I bought Iron Heart 634s from Self Edge about two weeks ago. They were hemmed to 31.5", just as Kiya suggests above, and I'm a 30" inseam as well. I'm very pleased with the length and the chainstitching. The 634s are incredible.

10. xchen

xchen Senior member

After the 16oz Dry Bones I dunno how much heavier I'd be willing to go honestly. That 23oz has got to be ridiculous.

11. kiya

After the 16oz Dry Bones I dunno how much heavier I'd be willing to go honestly. That 23oz has got to be ridiculous.

It's ridiculously nice, the denim is a combination of Iron Heart's weight and Flat Head's stiffness and surface feel. These are going to look amazing once worn in for a while..

12. Razele

Razele Senior member

I need imperial shearers in my life.

Atleast two pair.

Save me from denim mediocrity kiya!

Gotta get em later this year.

13. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

thx kiya and triiiangle, i'll bring mine in for a 31.5 hem.

14. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Senior member

Kiya, the self edge feather ring is amazing! Thanks for a great product. Worth every penny.

15. Doctor

Doctor Senior member

Got my Imperial King Black's today. Really pleased. I posted in the Imperial thread, but I'm excited enough to post twice [​IMG] [​IMG] Will a cold vs hot soak make any difference to the shrinkage? Awesome jeans for guys with really muscular thighs.