1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Selective shrinking

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HitMan009, Apr 18, 2005.

1. HitMan009

HitMan009 Senior member

I searched in vain for the topic where one of our more "creative" members mentioned that he did shrinking on selective parts of a shirt or some article of clothing. The sleeves on a few of my shirts are just a tad long. Is there a way I can shrink specific parts of a shirt. If my poor memory serves me correctly, he would wet a the part he wanted to shrink and then throw it into the dryer. Does this work? Does it harm the fusing? I have never used a dryer for dress shirts. I think it would be great if we had a sticky on ways to do this if possible and while I am on the subject, there had been a vast knowledge explunged on this board of cleaning and treating stains on articles of clothing. An unified post would be great for that too. Just my humble two cents.

Thanks