1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Selective logic

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by imageWIS, Jun 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ajs317

ajs317 Member

2. FIHTies

FIHTies Senior member Affiliate Vendor

(FIHTies @ 24 June 2004, 5:02) although you both think that you are getting the last word and you feel that you are the better person because of it, i throw to you the gauntlet and challenge either of you to clearly be the stronger of the two and NOT RESPOND TO THE OTHER. Really silly of both of you at his point. Put it to rest.
    I want to help to put this person on the right track, by thinking he knows more than people who are successful, without having done anything himself, where is the logic in that.
    Thank you both... Kalra, Aesop's Fable of the The North Wind and the Sun THE NORTH WIND and the Sun disputed as to which was the most powerful, and agreed that he should be declared the victor who could first strip a wayfaring man of his clothes. The North Wind first tried his power and blew with all his might, but the keener his blasts, the closer the Traveler wrapped his cloak around him, until at last, resigning all hope of victory, the Wind called upon the Sun to see what he could do. The Sun suddenly shone out with all his warmth. The Traveler no sooner felt his genial rays than he took off one garment after another, and at last, fairly overcome with heat, undressed and bathed in a stream that lay in his path. Persuasion is better than Force.

3. kalra2411

kalra2411 Senior member

1. Fool, work never stops, lazy slob. 2. Hindus do not have weddings in the daytime 3. I have an office in France

4. ajs317

ajs317 Member

This will be my final post on this topic. It is 6:30pm in Paris right now. That is hardly the daytime. At the very least, you should be setting up. Regardless, according to the above-cited article, the ceremony was yesterday.

5. kalra2411

kalra2411 Senior member

Correct, it was yesterday. What are you saying? I cannot go on the internet beacuse I am in France [​IMG] There is a reception party tonight, begining at 9 PM, does that really mean anything.

6. Kai

Kai Senior member

This may be the all-time funniest post I've ever seen on any forum anywhere. Â Really really funny. I've certainly been guilty of this myself. On the "is Kalra for real" topic: Â Isn't it more fun to believe he's for real? Â I thought I'd revealed him as a fraud once before on the car thread, but his response was so wonderfully in character, that I'd rather believe he is who he says. Â Whether he's an Indian billionaire or an imposter, what does it really matter? Â At the end of the day, he's a man with an opinion, which all here are free to disregard or take to heart. Â On the Nieman Marcus credit card issue: Â I bumped up against their no mastercard policy last time I was there. Â I just went around the corner and got cash from an ATM. Â Fact is, they were the only option for obtaining the Hermes pocket square I wanted. Â I think one of the reasons they do it is to encourage people to acquire a NM credit card. Â Their revenues from the NM card must offset potential lost sales from visa/mastercard holders.

7. bryce330

bryce330 Senior member

So even between your incredibly hectic work schedule and the extravagant wedding of your daughter, you have hours and hours of free time which you spend posting on this board?

Also, you claim that the wedding ceremony itself was last night, yet you were posting nearly continuously on this thread from 2.42 PM to 8.04 PM PST, which is 11.42 PM to 5.04 AM in France. Are we to believe that you left your daughter's wedding early, went to the office, and spent the whole night posting on the Style Forum?

I think you have conclusively been established as a fraud. Nice job, ajs317.

8. Alias

Alias Senior member

Now this makes sense.

As for the kalra issue:

It's been a while since anyone was banned from this forum, hasn't it?

9. Mike C.

Mike C. Senior member

It's the same as the, is Santa Claus real question. It's just more fun to play along then for to accept the actual truth.

10. Mike C.

Mike C. Senior member

No, no, no... Let's not go that route.

11. kalra2411

kalra2411 Senior member

12. kalra2411

kalra2411 Senior member

May I also bring this back to your attention Bryce, as you have no comments...

13. FIHTies

FIHTies Senior member Affiliate Vendor

You know its kind of distressing to think that Kalra is Mr. Mittal. From previous PM conversations he had me convinced that he was Napolean (The dictator, not the cake).

JJF

14. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Okay, I have a little confession to make. I am not in fact a struggling postdoc - but I do have an advanced degree, and it was fun for a while to play the part. You may have heard of me (at least, I hope that you have.) I'm in fact Michael Eisner, in Boston for a couple of years to think things over. The truth is, the company just lacks vision. Stockholders are so caught up in analyzing quarterlies that they lose sight of the big picture. I prefer to think in terms of five year plans, and of course, not all of them succeed, so it's perfectly understandable when we have a five or ten year downswing in profits. Besides, I really think that Disney needs to expand its customer base - thus the non-money making hiugh end "Disney Vintage" line and the collaboration with Brit designer wunderkinder (can never get the aumlauts right) Kin Jones. Anyway, ranting aside, it's been fun on the forum. I'm going to continue posting under this identity (have come to like it). Great forum - I've learned a lot.

15. j

j Senior member Admin

An enterprising investor could short Mr Mittal's companies and then make money as they go down the tubes while its leader becomes increasingly involved in a pointless Internet flamefest. ImageWIS, or anyone who's doing this, could you at least cut me in?

Nothing like arguing on the Internet to fill time between work in the France office and pesky daughter's wedding events.

16. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Okay, actually, I can as well, and have.  I like a lot of the shops on N. Robertson, and would get shanghaid into lunch at the Ivy on a semi-regular basis. Actually don't like the place. The food is mediocre, and the crowd is ladies who lunch with their more money than taste Dior sunglassesm, and tourists. BTW, the Ivy is not *that* hard for anyone to get into. It's all pretense in any case.

17. tattersall

tattersall Senior member

I can get into The Ivy or Cafe de Paris with less than an hours notice, you cannot
    Okay, actually, I can as well, and have. Â I like a lot of the shops on N. Robertson, and would get shanghaid into lunch at the Ivy on a semi-regular basis. Â Actually don't like the place. Â The food is mediocre, and the crowd is ladies who lunch with their more money than taste Dior sunglassesm, and tourists. Â BTW, the Ivy is not *that* hard for anyone to get into. Â It's all pretense in any case.
    Different Ivy, but your description is still apt. The London restaurant is more exclusive, but if you're "richer than Hitler" perhaps they keep a special table for you...

18. AlanC

AlanC Senior member

Someone who knows what you're doing, just check his IP address and see where he's posting from. I don't know if it's sadder if he or is not who he claims to be.

19. norcaltransplant

norcaltransplant Senior member

Pretty nice piece of satire for a science nerd.  Dood, I have to earn the degree before I even receive the pittiance that you make.

I wonder how long we can make this thread?

20. banksmiranda

banksmiranda Senior member

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4722789/ [​IMG] http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/cms.dll....368.cms Apparently Kylie Minogue was a part of the festivities http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/1820324.stm
    http://www.suntimes.co.za/2004/04/18/news/news06.asp

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.