• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Seiko Watches - Underrated?

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
It's really swell. Love mine.

- B

Yep I have one too. It's standard equipment in the Junior iGent Membership Pack

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roger
Yes, a dealer with a watchmaker out back, or a stand-alone watch-repair person, but it's the easiest thing in the world...takes about 5 minutes and shouldn't cost more than $10 or so. Be sure you save the links that have been removed, as you might want to add one later (if you gain a little weight) or have them with the watch if you ever decide to sell it. You can have a link or a few removed, try it, add a link or have another removed, etc., until you get it exactly right--as loose or tight as you prefer.

I used to go the jewelers for this, they charge about $10 per watch. I got tired of this and bought a cheap watch tool kit from ebay (around $10) and now I do everything myself. It's easy.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac

Oh, good.

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gonna get me a Seiko Spirit scvs013 when I find for less then 300.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got mine during the MSN live days. It was $315 - $100 in cashback.

The prices seem to be going up since then

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac

That would be a great concept for one of the SF resellers. You know, have a little logo at the top of the page: "iGent Membership Pack." Click it and get an instant starter package, and immediate elevation to Senior Member status on StyleForvm...an invaluable extra.

- B

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
That would be a great concept for one of the SF resellers. You know, have a little logo at the top of the page: "iGent Membership Pack." Click it and get an instant starter package, and immediate elevation to Senior Member status on StyleForvm...an invaluable extra.

- B

But would it include a BlazerSuit or a SwissArmySuit?
patch[1].gif

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
patch[1].gif

SAS=vaporware

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
patch[1].gif

Too advanced for the Starter Pack...the SP requires something safer with no possibity of the drape.

- B

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

- B

It consists of Redwing GTs, Iron Heart 634, Seiko Spirit, Filson Bag, and a Flat Head Shirt. You can substitute a Red Moon wallet for any one item. Persols are not included but can be purchased at 30% discount.

(I keed, but I own the first 4)

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Maybe I'll wear it to a Farm Feast.

- B

Brown is better for that.

lsquare

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roger
Yes, a dealer with a watchmaker out back, or a stand-alone watch-repair person, but it's the easiest thing in the world...takes about 5 minutes and shouldn't cost more than $10 or so. Be sure you save the links that have been removed, as you might want to add one later (if you gain a little weight) or have them with the watch if you ever decide to sell it. You can have a link or a few removed, try it, add a link or have another removed, etc., until you get it exactly right--as loose or tight as you prefer.

Both Katsu Higuchi and Seiya Kobayashi would commit harakiri before cheating a customer or ever selling something that was not authentic. You should have absolutely no fears in this regard.

lol, thx for the reassurance. I'm just wondering how do I get the leather strap to fit my wrist perfectly? Does Seiko sell different kind of straps to accomodate the differences in wrist size or I just have to use the different holes in the strap to secure it on my wrist?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics