• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Seiko watch on ebay

robgillon

Reaction score
I have read previous threads in this forum about buying watches on ebay, and many seem against it, but I got the impression that it was purely for expensive watches, particularly rolex, which are notorious for being counterfeited. I am looking (now, after changing my mind before!) at getting a Seiko SNP003p1, a less expensive but high quality watch in my mind. The two people currently selling this are http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SEIKO-PREMIER-...QQcmdZViewItem and http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SEIKO-PREMIER-...QQcmdZViewItem which both look reasonable, they both sell within the UK, both state that it's brand new in box with 1 year warranty, and falls under the £250 paypal protection limit. The only thing is that I have looked at these people's history, and they do have a very good track record (even if one of them is relatively new), but they have been selling the same watches over and over, which leaves me wondering where they're getting their stock, and whether it is genuine. Just wondering what people's opinions of getting this type of watch off ebay is. ---- Edit: I probably won't be looking at getting this watch during this auction, especially since they have a track record of listing similar items in the future, I am just looking to prepare myself, before rushing into spending anything.

Nantucket Red

"Mr. Fashionista"
Reaction score
That's a rather handsome watch, though I'm generally not a fan of this style. The plain bezel keeps it from looking too busy. The features of the movement are quite amazing.

My guess is that Seiko doesn't have the cachet of something like Rolex and therefore would not support enough of a counterfeit market to make it worth faking. Admittedly, I have no expertise in this area.

It might be worth asking the seller a few tactful questions.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
That's a rather handsome watch, though I'm generally not a fan of this style. The plain bezel keeps it from looking too busy. The features of the movement are quite amazing.

My guess is that Seiko doesn't have the cachet of something like Rolex and therefore would not support enough of a counterfeit market to make it worth faking. Admittedly, I have no expertise in this area.

It might be worth asking the seller a few tactful questions.

Actually, there is a rather large Seiko counterfeit market on ebay, mostly in their vintage divers, but also in their modern models, including the "Orange Monster" which is only a $150 watch.

As to the above two models, if you want an assured purchase, just buy it from either www.pmwf.com or roachman.com. You might spend a little more, but you will have peace of mind.

robgillon

Reaction score
Thanks for these sites, the best price is definately Superchrono at $430, and also Roachman offers a $65 more expensive, but still pretty good value, so basically I just wanted to confirm whether these two are well established / reliable / trustworthy companies. Also, I don't suppose anyone would know what they are like for marking their packages when it comes to delivery, as I'm in the UK and the import tax would be, I imagine, a lot.

Either way, when you consider this watch retails for £450 here, $430 seems like a steal! This is the reason I want to check whether it is too good to be true...

Mr. Pink

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robgillon
Thanks for these sites, the best price is definately Superchrono at $430, and also Roachman offers a $65 more expensive, but still pretty good value, so basically I just wanted to confirm whether these two are well established / reliable / trustworthy companies. Also, I don't suppose anyone would know what they are like for marking their packages when it comes to delivery, as I'm in the UK and the import tax would be, I imagine, a lot.

Either way, when you consider this watch retails for £450 here, $430 seems like a steal! This is the reason I want to check whether it is too good to be true...

I found Superchrono through one of the watch forums, timezone I think. It was highly recommended. I too was hesistant about purchasing from a Singapore webfront. I had previously ordered the same watch from watchpavillion.com. They had mailed the item without a signature requirement for delivery and then refused to take any action when I did not receive the watch. Watchpavillion.com insisted that I would be required to pay in full for the item I had never received. Luckily Ihad paid by credit card. I had chosen watchpavillion.com because of its US location and nervousness about ordering from Singapore or Hong Kong.

My experience with Superchrono was the opposite. I ordered on a Thursday evening and received the watch on Monday. It came in full Seiko packaging with papers in perfect condition. The package was delivered through Fedex. I don't recall what was stated on package concerning contents. I did not have to pay any duties. All in all, the experiences was as good as could be asked for.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads