• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

seiko 5 nato strap?

EricE.

Reaction score
hey
i just bought a seiko 5 as a beater watch. now im wondering what nato strap size would go with it.
any experiences? on the website, where i ordered the watch, they say that it only takes 19mm straps. which size would be a better fit 18mm or 20mm as 19mm nato straps are pretty hard to find.

any experiences???

hoihoi
eric

cioni2k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EricE.
hey
i just bought a seiko 5 as a beater watch. now im wondering what nato strap size would go with it.
any experiences? on the website, where i ordered the watch, they say that it only takes 19mm straps. which size would be a better fit 18mm or 20mm as 19mm nato straps are pretty hard to find.

any experiences???

hoihoi
eric

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/a...trap/19474.jsp

Comes in tons of colors/patterns. I have them on my Seiko Five they look great

EricE.

Reaction score
well actually that is my exact problem. one would be tight the other one loose. does anyone have pictures so i can compare them?

Twotone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are cheap -- buy one of each and go with whatever one you like best.

well actually that is my exact problem. one would be tight the other one loose. does anyone have pictures so i can compare them?

VeloTime

Reaction score

Have you measured the lugs yourself? I'm sure they exist in 19mm but 18mm or 20mm seem to be the most common.

Check Gnomon Watches. I picked up a 22mm strap for my Seiko 7002-7039 Diver from there and they had a ton of different models.

EricE.

Reaction score
i havent received the watch, yet. but thats what the site says - 19mm. can you show some pictures??

VeloTime

Reaction score
i havent received the watch, yet. but thats what the site says - 19mm. can you show some pictures??

Sure here it is. 22mm lugs w/ 22mm NATO.
SeikoGreenSmall.jpg

If it is 19mm I would go with the 18mm. I don't think .5mm on each side is really going to be that noticeable. I think it would work out better then trying to squeeze a larger strap in there.

Twotone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My two Seikos:

SEIKOWRIST2.jpg

Seiko5Military.jpg

EricE.

Reaction score
nice watches
wink.gif
actually i got the exact seiko 5 (the one with the leather strap)

changy

Reaction score
i would go with the 20mm. i think squizing the strap through looks better than skinny strap

Sean Archer

Reaction score
Nylon straps have a tendency to reek after a while from sweat and grime buildup. As a result I just gave up on watches altogether.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would go with an 18MM strap. You can go with the J Crew straps or check ebay for some cheaper options.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads