Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Seersucker sport coat / pant choices

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jswanson3, Apr 1, 2004.

1. jswanson3

jswanson3 Senior member

I usually have worn white cotton pants with my seersucker sport coat, but I would like to wear some 100% linen pants instead (also white). I seem to remember hearing that this would be something to avoid, but i love the wrinkled, easy-going feel and look of both fabrics, and feel they would work well togeather.

2. jswanson3

jswanson3 Senior member

3. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

I don't see why not. I've never heard of a rule, but some of our members from the South might be able to give some input on what is undoubtedly more relevant down there.

4. NavyStyles

NavyStyles Senior member

Personally, I would not have thought to couple these two items. I think it might come off as too casual. Of course, if that's the idea, then I don't foresee any problems. Do you already have the white linen pants? If so, put them together with the seersucker jacket and see how they look.

5. General Koskov

General Koskov Well-Known Member

I don't know what anyone else will think, but I believe I may have come up with a very clever idea: wear seersucker trousers with a solid (say, white) coat. Voila. You have the (albeit, less formal) hot weather morning suit. No tails, perhaps, but they were always a bit pretentious anyway.