• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

seersucker pants w/ or w/o socks and shoe colour?

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone wear seersucker pants as casual dress pants? I saw a few stores selling just the pants.

Would a mid-brown shoe go with baby-blue seersucker? I'd really like to get a pair of the baby-blues but I'm unsure of the shoe to go with it. I don't have any white shoes and I don't think I've ever seen a pair of white shoes that I like.

Alex Roest

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LVoer
Anyone wear seersucker pants as casual dress pants? I saw a few stores selling just the pants.

Would a mid-brown shoe go with baby-blue seersucker? I'd really like to get a pair of the baby-blues but I'm unsure of the shoe to go with it. I don't have any white shoes and I don't think I've ever seen a pair of white shoes that I like.

I see you take an interest in lacoste : they do plenty of casual shoes that'll look good with seersucker trousers. As for confort you may want to try Burlington invisible socks..... I hope this helps......

p.s. of course mid-brown will be a good match and so will white for that matter.

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. I've never paid much attention to thier footwear so I'll take a look next time I'm there.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Odd seersucker trousers would work very well with any light brown or white shoes, or brown/white and black/white spectators. Pair that bottom half with a white OCBD and and a beige linen jacket and you have a fun, relaxed summer look.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just saw someone this morning in front of the Rockefeller Center with a baby blue seersucker suit hemmed a bit short and bright red suede bit loafers. He was in his late 50s-early 60s and he was not Tom Wolfe.

I strongly advise against this combo

Tantive4

Reaction score
I wear them all the time, and since my family's been living in Florida for quite a very long time, it's pretty much required.

Mid-brown shoes with socks, or if it's really casual, white or blue canvass shoes with no socks.

I have a couple of pairs of white and blue, and a pair that are tan and white.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have a pair of pink seersucker pants that I wear with loafers and without socks. Brown shoes.

jml90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm I'm picturing blue seersucker pants a pink polo and tan driving loafers sans socks.

Thurston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Burgundy cordovan loafers (w or w/o tassle) and no socks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads