1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Seersucker pants cut like jeans?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by trogdor, Jun 29, 2005.

1. trogdor

trogdor Senior member

Anyone know of a decent-but-cheap way I can get some pants which are cut like jeans, but made from seersucker? Is this even possible or permissible?

High-street prices/locations would be preferable.

2. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Hell, I'd like to get a pair of odd seersucker trousers that would not look strange without a jacket, jeans cut or not.

3. Matt

Matt Senior member

buy fabric, mail jeans u want to copy and fabric to asian tailor. wait. wear.

4. Etruscan

Etruscan Senior member

Casual seersucker trousers are a J. Crew staple, I believe. They're not cut exactly like jeans, but they come pretty close to capturing that feeling. Good luck.

5. reydogg23

reydogg23 Senior member

6. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

The J. Crew seersucker are exactly what I'm looking for but does anyone else make anything similar? $50 is a good price but I imagine the quality to be abysmal, as with all other J. Crew merchandise I've encountered.

7. Sevcom

Sevcom Senior member

I dunno man. For streetwear purposes, J.Crew's stuff would fit the bill quality-wise. Moreover, I've found that the quality most of their stuff is decent-to-good at their pricepoints. Nothing likely to fall apart after repeated washings, etc like A&F. Note that I'm not a fan, but like some of their stuff.

8. trogdor

trogdor Senior member

OK, since I started this thread, here's what I found. Club Monaco (I assume you have this in the US, but I don't know), have quite a nice selection, for pretty cheap. They've got several different cuts, in a few colours each.

I picked up a pair in the "Charlie" style (which is quite a slim cut), blue and white, for around $70 CDN. If they were cords, you'd say that they were a narrow "wale"; the stripes are not as wide as most seersucker I've seen, but they are super light-weight and look pretty good.