• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Seersucker Fabric?

farfisa23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My friend is getting married and wants a seersucker suit for the May wedding.

I think he'll go to Chan or MyTailor, can anyone recommend good fabric options for seersucker?

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
cotton???

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's an odd question
confused.gif
. Seersucker is all cotton. Or do you mean (where to get/who make) good seersucker fabric?

farfisa23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by onix
That's an odd question
confused.gif
. Seersucker is all cotton. Or do you mean (where to get/who make) good seersucker fabric?

I will send my friend to Chan/My Tailor, which books should he look at does Holland & Sherry or Dormeuil or Loro Piana make a good seersucker fabric. Which would you recommend?

Also, I have seen wool/cotton blends on seersucker.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Where to source seersucker fabric? At the moment I'm interested in 100% cotton, classic white and blue stripe.

I have customers asking me about all kinds of seersucker, cheap to expensive, so I'd like to hear about them all.

@smittycl brought my attention to Loro Piana Silk Air, which is a "wool/silk blend made to look like cotton Seersucker", and a little pricey.

View attachment 892577 View attachment 892578
Supplied my own fabric this time. Next up is likely an indigo blue Seersucker suit with Loro Piana Silk Air fabric. Need to order KW pants and get the fit right on those first.

View attachment 892592

Last edited:

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where to source seersucker fabric? I'm interested in all kinds.

At the moment I'm interested in 100% cotton, classic white and blue stripe.

@smittycl brought my attention to Loro Piana Silk Air, which is a "wool/silk blend made to look like cotton Seersucker", and a little pricey.
Steven Hitchcock brought my attention to that fabric: very nice seersucker - its the only fabric I'd make a seersucker out of.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads