• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

seen any good tan cotton sportcoats?

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
gents--

I've been looking for a nice tan cotton tailored jacket, has anyone seen a good one in size 40reg? Hoping to find one at a decent price now that it's outta season. for this one, I'm not opposed to paul smith, dolce & gabbana, or other mainstream brands-- just a good looking, nice cut to sport for next year.

Thanks!

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Foxx,

have you considered a tan cotton suit. You can wear it as a suit or separately.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The_Foxx
gents--

I've been looking for a nice tan cotton tailored jacket, has anyone seen a good one in size 40reg? Hoping to find one at a decent price now that it's outta season. for this one, I'm not opposed to paul smith, dolce & gabbana, or other mainstream brands-- just a good looking, nice cut to sport for next year.

Thanks!

I have a rather fashion-y one from Anne D that I love. I would never consider myself a tan cotton jacket kind of person, but I wear it non-stop. It has functioning buttonholes and a slim, very modern cut.

I traded with someone from SZ for it, I'm sure it's rather obnoxiously expensive new.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
Foxx,

have you considered a tan cotton suit. You can wear it as a suit or separately.

Seriously. Much better idea. You can wear the trousers as seperates, too.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks, all good ideas. anyone seen any good tan cotton suits (no patch pockets, flat front trousers, double vented jacket would be great but not absolutely necc, would be cool if sleeves were unfinished but also not crucial) in size 40reg?

I wouldn't mind calling a store or ordering online / via email for a good deal.

Marcus Brody

Reaction score
Originally Posted by goodlife
Single vent, and kind of a throwaway quality wise, but if you are looking for something to bridge the gap till you find exactly what you want.

http://www.jcrew.com/search/searchNa...bc14c2f7021cf8

I have a J.Crew tan cotton sportcoat that I got onsale a few years ago. I wear it casually mainly with jeans or as a light summer jacket, though occasionally with khakis in the summer when I need to be just a little dressed up. It's not in any way a formal garment and I like it for what it is. It was well-worth the 65 or so dollars I paid for it. Fun fact: it's the only jacket I own with working sleeve buttons. Kind of sad, eh?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads