• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

seen any good tan cotton sportcoats?

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
gents--

I've been looking for a nice tan cotton tailored jacket, has anyone seen a good one in size 40reg? Hoping to find one at a decent price now that it's outta season. for this one, I'm not opposed to paul smith, dolce & gabbana, or other mainstream brands-- just a good looking, nice cut to sport for next year.

Thanks!

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Foxx,

have you considered a tan cotton suit. You can wear it as a suit or separately.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The_Foxx
gents--

I've been looking for a nice tan cotton tailored jacket, has anyone seen a good one in size 40reg? Hoping to find one at a decent price now that it's outta season. for this one, I'm not opposed to paul smith, dolce & gabbana, or other mainstream brands-- just a good looking, nice cut to sport for next year.

Thanks!

I have a rather fashion-y one from Anne D that I love. I would never consider myself a tan cotton jacket kind of person, but I wear it non-stop. It has functioning buttonholes and a slim, very modern cut.

I traded with someone from SZ for it, I'm sure it's rather obnoxiously expensive new.

Manton

RINO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
Foxx,

have you considered a tan cotton suit. You can wear it as a suit or separately.

Seriously. Much better idea. You can wear the trousers as seperates, too.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks, all good ideas. anyone seen any good tan cotton suits (no patch pockets, flat front trousers, double vented jacket would be great but not absolutely necc, would be cool if sleeves were unfinished but also not crucial) in size 40reg?

I wouldn't mind calling a store or ordering online / via email for a good deal.

Marcus Brody

Reaction score
Originally Posted by goodlife
Single vent, and kind of a throwaway quality wise, but if you are looking for something to bridge the gap till you find exactly what you want.

http://www.jcrew.com/search/searchNa...bc14c2f7021cf8

I have a J.Crew tan cotton sportcoat that I got onsale a few years ago. I wear it casually mainly with jeans or as a light summer jacket, though occasionally with khakis in the summer when I need to be just a little dressed up. It's not in any way a formal garment and I like it for what it is. It was well-worth the 65 or so dollars I paid for it. Fun fact: it's the only jacket I own with working sleeve buttons. Kind of sad, eh?

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 7 3.2%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 34 15.7%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 66 30.4%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 44 20.3%
  • 31 - 40

Votes: 17 7.8%