• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Seen any camel color overcoats on sale?

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With all the rampant sales and markdowns, has anyone noted any camel color (all cashmere or mostly cashmere) single breasted overcoats in size 40reg? Looking for a nice quality, knee length coat for next fall/ winter, hoping for a good price. something along these lines would be perfect:

Wish I could also afford a navy blue one in cashmere or a cashmere blend but it will probably be either/ or.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Try this one from FIH.

PDF03-02.jpg

I have the same style overcoat in a sort of tweed, and it is, by far, my favorite overcoat. In my opinion, it has a very graceful and elegant line while still being casual enough to wear on weekends.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks, dopey-- but I'd like to find something a little more tailored, maybe 3 or 4 button front. Am hoping to find something cashmere or at least some cashmere in it, as well.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Bergdorf Mens in NY had a roomful of topcoats about a month ago.

Shantanu

Reaction score
Are you ever over to Europe? Last week I saw some gorgeous cashmere camel overcoats at Le Vallee Village - unfortunately they are from past seasons, so only available there. Very inexpensive too, about Euros 300-500, depending upon which boutique you visit. Otherwise, the Armani boutique has one at the moment. It's stunning! £750 here in the UK.

Added: I forgot....also saw one at about Euros 500 at the Canali factory store when in Italy - it's current season so you can probably find it elsewhere.

MHH89

Reaction score
Brooks had some in the clearance section online but they were still fairly expensive.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks guys-- can anyone provide specifics on a size 40 reg they might encounter (price and store)? I'd be willing to pay over a grand, hoping for the best sale price possible. I figure the stores MUST be looking to be rid of camel colored overcoats about this time of year......

cksnipe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you looking for a trim fit 40 or something to wear over a suit?

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
over a suit, but I'd still like to go with a coat marked 40reg far as I can tell.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Russ..

I got this Borrelli form Ian at Shop The Finest a month or two back. It's 100% cashmere and 100% killer. I got a 40R, he might have another, it's worth shooting him an email.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
indeed, a nice coat-- but it's not for me. I'd like to find one with a collar and lapels, flap pockets if possible but not crucial on that point.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm selling a nice Canali cashmere & wool D/B coat this week.

Label size is 52 but fits more like a us 40 or 38.

Check the link:

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The_Foxx
indeed, a nice coat-- but it's not for me. I'd like to find one with a collar and lapels, flap pockets if possible but not crucial on that point.

There could very well be a Brooks Black Fleece overcoat that meets your requirments in cashmere or camel hair floating around in New York for a major discount. I picked up two BF suits yesterday for $1400.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
There could very well be a Brooks Black Fleece overcoat that meets your requirments in cashmere or camel hair floating around in New York for a major discount. I picked up two BF suits yesterday for $1400.
Sounds like nice deals. It's too bad the sale is only in NYC.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads