• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Seeking RLPL (Edward Green) shoe info

Phoenix_AZ

Reaction score
We do not get any of the Purple label (Edward Green) shoes at the Phoenix Ralph Lauren Polo Store. I am trying to get a list of what is available at other Purple label dress shoes there are:

Here are the ones from the web site:

Camden Monk, Barksdale Penny (not listed as Purple Label, but I believe they are), Addison Tassel, Mackay Captoe, and a couple of sandals.

I know the store will order them in, if you know the exact name.

It would be helpful if you had an idea of what Edward Green shoe they correlated to, such as the Mackay is basically the Asquith (maybe I spelled this incorrectly)

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phoenix_AZ
We do not get any of the Purple label (Edward Green) shoes at the Phoenix Ralph Lauren Polo Store. I am trying to get a list of what is available at other Purple label dress shoes there are:

Here are the ones from the web site:

Camden Monk, Barksdale Penny (not listed as Purple Label, but I believe they are), Addison Tassel, Mackay Captoe, and a couple of sandals.

I know the store will order them in, if you know the exact name.

It would be helpful if you had an idea of what Edward Green shoe they correlated to, such as the Mackay is basically the Asquith (maybe I spelled this incorrectly)

Other models are...

Pitney Lawn = Dover
Carter = Ecton
Grant = Oundle (sort of)

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Barksdale penny loafer is indeed PL. The Beverly Hills store carries an elastic side-gore loafer whose name escapes me. Since stock at the various RL stores varies, it may be difficult to compile a comprehensive list, though it's a noble cause. I'll be in Beverly Hills next week and I'll try to sneak another peak at the RL/EG order book.

pkincy

Reaction score
I have ordered PL shoes from Polo.com and when they come in if they don't fit (and my first pair didn't) took them back to the Biltmore store. Quicker credit and you don't have to pay for shipping back east.

You are out the shipping to you but that is not a bad trade off.

I have been toying with the Addison's but did not pull the trigger until last nite and now my size is gone.

Perry

Phoenix_AZ

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pkincy
I have ordered PL shoes from Polo.com and when they come in if they don't fit (and my first pair didn't) took them back to the Biltmore store. Quicker credit and you don't have to pay for shipping back east.

You are out the shipping to you but that is not a bad trade off.

I have been toying with the Addison's but did not pull the trigger until last nite and now my size is gone.

Perry

I ordered the Mackay on-line, but from what a salesman at the Biltmore store told me, the store can order a shoe from another store if you know the name. Therefore you could order in the RLPL shoes that are not on-line.

Shawn

CaptChaos

Reaction score
Great thread, buying from Polo is probably the easiest way for me to get EG shoes. I picked up a pair of the Mackay's in dark oak last year but got shut out of the recent sale since I didn't know what else was available in store.

Does anyone know what lasts the Camden, Barksdale and Addison are on? Lasts and colours available for the Pitney Lawn, Carter and Grant would also be appreciated.

Thanks.

CaptChaos

Reaction score
Bump, someone must have some of these shoes. Last and colour info on these shoes would be appreciated. Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads