1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Seeking expert advice

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by chorse123, Nov 10, 2004.

1. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

Deleted for shame!

2. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

My first impression is that your wardrobe doesn't have any "staple" suits. Given that it sounds like the position you are taking may require some client meetings, I would recommend some basics such as a solid charcoal or navy suit, in either two or three button. Certainly you can go with some nicer fabrics here, but I would imagine that durability is going to be an issue for daily wear if you go above 120s.

3. ROT

ROT Senior member

The medium weight light grey striped flannel sounds great. Have you also considered a doeskin blue blazer? It's a workhorse. During my (infrequent) forays into New York, I notice mostly dark, conservative clothing. I'd second a midnight navy DB. In your industry, of course, you might get away with an old Harris Tweed coat, flat front khakis and a school tie [​IMG] Congrats on the new job (know a good freelance fiction editor?) ROT

4. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

Thanks for the advice. I know what you mean, drizzt3117, about staple suits. One should relly be at the top of the list, but they're just not as much fun.

There will be lot of client meetings, but our clients are primarily novelists, and primarily women, so I think that allows for a bit more personality in the suit itself (rather than just the shirt/tie/shoes).

ROT, hadn't thought about a blazer, but will. Sometimes I think they age the wearer, but it's a good idea. As for freelance editors, I'll let you know. The few I'm aware of now all work in London (where I work now). And thanks.

5. Giona Granata

Giona Granata Senior member

My compliments, I think you have an excellent and well balanced wardrobe.

Surely you need a Navy Blazer, light-middle-and-heavy weight, that will perfectly match with trouser you already have.

I suggest also a heavy district check tweed coat for winter; a prince of wales suit for spring / summer; you lack also of lighter suits for the hottest summer: why do not think about a linen suit from white - beige to blue, or a mohair brown/blu midnight? Weight 8-9 oz max.