• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earn a commission for the forum and allow us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Seeking a shipping proxy in Australia.

Surfrider

Reaction score
I want to purchase a hat from an Australian retailer who won't ship internationally, so I need a proxy to re-mail it to me here in the US.

I'll complete the purchase via the company's website, and have the shipment delivered to your address in Australia. When the package arrives (the retailer insists on Registered Post, which requires a signature), all I need you to do is pop down to your local post office/mailing center/whatever, and send it on to me here in the states.

I'd be happy to pay somebody for their time, or better still, to return the favor. Likewise, I'd be happy to return the favor as proxy *buyer* too, sending off to Oz any product one might have a hard time finding down there. For example, years ago a friend who lived in Perth regularly asked me to send him boxes of the cookies he got addicted to whilst here as a HS exchange student.

Anyway, there's no urgent rush, but I'd like to order my hat sometime this week if possible...

Thanks!

cupid112

Reaction score
Hi Surfrider

I should be able to help you out. Send me a PM with the details and i should be able to get your hat to you, no problems.

Surfrider

Reaction score
Wow; just five hours after my original post, four people have volunteered to help me out, most of whom offered to do so for free, simply because they're nice. How awesome is that? I don't know if it's because the folks in question are SF members or because they're Aussies, but regardless you guys are great.

You know, it's little things like this that restore my faith in humanity. .... Ok, maybe that's overstating things a bit. Perhaps I should say things little things like this certainly *slow down* the rate at which I'm losing my faith in humanity.
Nevertheless, it's still a good thing!

phaedrus

Reaction score
Good to hear it worked out, what hat did you order btw?

Happy to help out in the unlikely event the others fall through.

Surfrider

Reaction score
Originally Posted by phaedrus
Good to hear it worked out, what hat did you order btw? Happy to help out in the unlikely event the others fall through.
A black fedora with white pinstripes, cotton/linen blend, with a nice brocade-looking satin hatband. Truth be told, there's nothing particularly special about it. If I didn't want the nice band, and higher quality of construction, I could buy something very similar from a junk vendor on eBay for under $25. In fact, normally I could get this exact article from any number of vendors here in the States, but unfortunately the manufacturer has discontinued the item, and the only shop that still had my size in stock is in Australia. The bastards are charging nearly double what everybody else is selling it for, too.
C'est la vie.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What Is The Best Value Shoe Brand For Money?

• Meermin

Votes: 36 15.7%
  • TLB Mallorca

Votes: 39 17.0%
  • Cheaney

Votes: 7 3.1%
  • Carmina

Votes: 34 14.8%
  • Crockett & Jones

Votes: 38 16.6%
  • Other

Votes: 75 32.8%