1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

See ya

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by gorgekko, Mar 24, 2006.

1. gorgekko

gorgekko Senior member

At the risk of thinking myself more important than I actually am, I just wanted to say good bye to everyone in the forum and I will miss a couple of you.

Good night, and good luck.

2. mack11211

mack11211 Senior member

So long.

Why departing?

3. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

So long.

Why departing?

Ditto: Why?

Jon.

4. whoopee

whoopee Senior member

Did that thread on AA push you over the edge?

5. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

6. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

I know there are reasons one might want to take a bow, and since I don't know I can't say 'hey, don't go.' You will be missed, and I'd hope you might reconsider, or at least pop back in on occasion. In any event, know that I wish you well.

With highest regard,
    Huntsman

7. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

At the risk of thinking myself more important than I actually am, I just wanted to say good bye to everyone in the forum and I will miss a couple of you.

goodbye. good luck

8. gorgekko

gorgekko Senior member

I suppose if I am self-important enough to wave goodbye publicly, I can at least hint at why I am leaving.

Frankly I'm tired of the attitudes that are so prevalent on this forum. There is a growing level of ugliness that puzzles me but I'm not interested enough to figure out why or how it's manifesting itself. I'm a happy guy for the most part and I certainly don't need it in my life.

I guess that said everything and nothing. At any rate, this is likely my last post at SF as I have asked j to cancel my account. I said before that there were a few of you I was going to miss, well, to be truthful, there are quite a few. Take care guys...

9. StevenRocks

StevenRocks Senior member

Peace out, gorgekko.

10. topcatny

topcatny Senior member

Take care gorgekko.

Now if I could only get him to agree to not bid on any 48L suits on e-bay.

11. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

You'll be back... [​IMG]

There is no patch, no gum, no 12 step program. Styleforum is the only thing that will scratch your itch.

Until then, may the seas be calm and the women rough!

12. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Well. goodbye. Or maybe goodbye for now, as Tokyo said. Funny, I thought that SF v.3. was rather friendly, with a few exceptions that have been taken care of. If I'm missing something, I'd really like to get some feedback on the matter.

Thanks,

Fok.

13. GreyFlannelMan

GreyFlannelMan Senior member

Gorgekko, fare thee well. I have always admired and respected you as a member of this forum, and your departure is a loss. Take care.

As for the larger issue raised, I agree to a point. Duirng my time here, there have always been the oddballs, but it does seem that since we've been back that the noise level has gone up. Perhaps it was all that energy that got pent up during the hiatus.

One can try to ignore a thread or poster, but often times, that person seemingly sets a tone. There is a strong wind of negativity around here which comes, in my opinion, from some obvious suspects, but also in responses from less obvious members.

I'm not about to leave, but I do find myself shaking my head about a post or reply more frequently. My two cents.

14. Matt

Matt Senior member

*nodding*

know what you mean dude. i think negativity may be the wrong word, but there is a small element (my personal suspicion is that its one person talking to himself a real lot) that is getting on my nerves too. Was funny for a very very very very short while. Really isnt anymore.

still, i love it here, im not about to bail over it.

Best wishes GG, hope you wander back in later.

15. stach

stach Senior member

Perhaps I am blissfully ignoring the threads in question -

16. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

This morning another long standing SFer and I were discussing this very thing on our walk to work.

We tend to agree that we need more clothing conversation, less mindless ranting.

I'm going to have buy at least 3 pairs of English welted shoes today to regain my equilibrium and it's all your fault.

Anyway...sorry to see you go GG.

BTW, has anyone heard from Bill (whnay) lately?

17. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

BTW, has anyone heard from Bill (whnay) lately?

He poked his head in Current Affairs on the one subject I actually know about. See the climate change thread there

18. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Sorry to see you go, gorgekko. I hope you'll return at some point in the future.

At the risk of sounding like a fogey, there does seem to be more noise and acrimony today than there was in the good ol' days (when members like pstoller, GQ Lawyer, and GatorStyle were still posting). I think that's the inevitable by-product of expansion -- the community is less tightly knit. Plus, some newbies go out of their way to be confrontational or controversial in order to make a "name" for themselves a la Matt Bevalaqua. (Can you tell what I have been doing for the last several weeks? [​IMG]) I'm not sure what can be done about the situation, however.

19. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

*nodding* know what you mean dude. i think negativity may be the wrong word, but there is a small element (my personal suspicion is that its one person talking to himself a real lot) that is getting on my nerves too. Was funny for a very very very very short while. Really isnt anymore. still, i love it here, im not about to bail over it. Best wishes GG, hope you wander back in later.
    Jeremy told me that the particular member was going straight into banishment…but I guess he never did. RJMan has been after him a bit, but the member won’t let up. I guess V is for Valueless. Jon.

20. whoopee

whoopee Senior member

Post-crash there seems to be less clothing content. Streetwear is pretty dead.