• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

See ya

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At the risk of thinking myself more important than I actually am, I just wanted to say good bye to everyone in the forum and I will miss a couple of you.

Good night, and good luck.

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did that thread on AA push you over the edge?

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Erwha?

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know there are reasons one might want to take a bow, and since I don't know I can't say 'hey, don't go.' You will be missed, and I'd hope you might reconsider, or at least pop back in on occasion. In any event, know that I wish you well.

With highest regard,
Huntsman

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gorgekko
At the risk of thinking myself more important than I actually am, I just wanted to say good bye to everyone in the forum and I will miss a couple of you.

goodbye. good luck

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I suppose if I am self-important enough to wave goodbye publicly, I can at least hint at why I am leaving.

Frankly I'm tired of the attitudes that are so prevalent on this forum. There is a growing level of ugliness that puzzles me but I'm not interested enough to figure out why or how it's manifesting itself. I'm a happy guy for the most part and I certainly don't need it in my life.

I guess that said everything and nothing. At any rate, this is likely my last post at SF as I have asked j to cancel my account. I said before that there were a few of you I was going to miss, well, to be truthful, there are quite a few. Take care guys...

StevenRocks

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gorgekko

Peace out, gorgekko.

topcatny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Take care gorgekko.

Now if I could only get him to agree to not bid on any 48L suits on e-bay.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Reaction score
You'll be back...

There is no patch, no gum, no 12 step program. Styleforum is the only thing that will scratch your itch.

Until then, may the seas be calm and the women rough!

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score

GreyFlannelMan

Reaction score
Gorgekko, fare thee well. I have always admired and respected you as a member of this forum, and your departure is a loss. Take care.

As for the larger issue raised, I agree to a point. Duirng my time here, there have always been the oddballs, but it does seem that since we've been back that the noise level has gone up. Perhaps it was all that energy that got pent up during the hiatus.

One can try to ignore a thread or poster, but often times, that person seemingly sets a tone. There is a strong wind of negativity around here which comes, in my opinion, from some obvious suspects, but also in responses from less obvious members.

I'm not about to leave, but I do find myself shaking my head about a post or reply more frequently. My two cents.

Reaction score
*nodding*

know what you mean dude. i think negativity may be the wrong word, but there is a small element (my personal suspicion is that its one person talking to himself a real lot) that is getting on my nerves too. Was funny for a very very very very short while. Really isnt anymore.

still, i love it here, im not about to bail over it.

Best wishes GG, hope you wander back in later.

stach

Reaction score
Perhaps I am blissfully ignoring the threads in question -

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.