• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Second sports coat advice. Please.

Aleksejs

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am new to this community and mens fashion in general.

I got a question regarding sports coat, I do have cotton navy, now I am looking for the second most versatile colour.
I do struggle to pick up one, as I will wear it inside during most of the year, and outside during warm months, I am based in London.

Here are some conditions :
Mid 20's
Medium blonde composition
Smart casual environment

I will wear it with, chinos (navy, blue, green, khaki, grey) or jeans, OCBD and might be some polo or t shirt sometimes.
Shoes - oxfords, loafers, white sneakers.

At this moment I am thinking about semi structured tan, as I am medium blonde with orangeish skin tone, I will never wear any brown or tan base layers, mostly focusing on pastels, white, grays for my shirts, that's why tan looks attractive.

I can manage navy for most cold months, but for SS I need some rotation at it will be daily Staple.

Please, any advice on that matter?

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you already have a navy jacket, look at jackets with a blend of brown and tan or brown and navy. I find that color combo works in both cool and warmer months depending upon the weight of the fabric. If this is for the more mild weather, look for a fabric blend of wool, silk, linen or wool and silk.

GMcMillan

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am new to this community and mens fashion in general.

I got a question regarding sports coat, I do have cotton navy, now I am looking for the second most versatile colour.
I do struggle to pick up one, as I will wear it inside during most of the year, and outside during warm months, I am based in London.

Here are some conditions :
Mid 20's
Medium blonde composition
Smart casual environment

I will wear it with, chinos (navy, blue, green, khaki, grey) or jeans, OCBD and might be some polo or t shirt sometimes.
Shoes - oxfords, loafers, white sneakers.

At this moment I am thinking about semi structured tan, as I am medium blonde with orangeish skin tone, I will never wear any brown or tan base layers, mostly focusing on pastels, white, grays for my shirts, that's why tan looks attractive.

I can manage navy for most cold months, but for SS I need some rotation at it will be daily Staple.

Please, any advice on that matter?
Camel hair sport coat works or something like that (I don’t personally wear those colors). Or lightweight brown tweed, lightweight medium-gray tweed with green/orange hints, medium-gray wool blends, lighter blue linen/blend.

Really depends on what else you are planning to wear with the jackets. Everyday fit-all-occasions type of thing?

Aleksejs

Reaction score
Camel hair sport coat works or something like that (I don’t personally wear those colors). Or lightweight brown tweed, lightweight medium-gray tweed with green/orange hints, medium-gray wool blends, lighter blue linen/blend.

Really depends on what else you are planning to wear with the jackets. Everyday fit-all-occasions type of thing?

Pretty much yes, every day, except occasions which I can cover with a navy blazer or a suit.
Warm weather oriented - so I can change oxfords for loafers or clean white sneakers.

GMcMillan

Reaction score
Pretty much yes, every day, except occasions which I can cover with a navy blazer or a suit.
Warm weather oriented - so I can change oxfords for loafers or clean white sneakers.

Something like this maybe in a lightweight Tweed.
20190114_011832.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads