• We would like welcome Enzo Custom as an official Affiliate Vendor. Specializing in custom tailored clothing, and with seven showrooms throughout the country, they are dedicated to guiding you in person through their many options to produce your perfect fitting suit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Second sports coat advice. Please.

Aleksejs

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am new to this community and mens fashion in general.

I got a question regarding sports coat, I do have cotton navy, now I am looking for the second most versatile colour.
I do struggle to pick up one, as I will wear it inside during most of the year, and outside during warm months, I am based in London.

Here are some conditions :
Mid 20's
Medium blonde composition
Smart casual environment

I will wear it with, chinos (navy, blue, green, khaki, grey) or jeans, OCBD and might be some polo or t shirt sometimes.
Shoes - oxfords, loafers, white sneakers.

At this moment I am thinking about semi structured tan, as I am medium blonde with orangeish skin tone, I will never wear any brown or tan base layers, mostly focusing on pastels, white, grays for my shirts, that's why tan looks attractive.

I can manage navy for most cold months, but for SS I need some rotation at it will be daily Staple.

Please, any advice on that matter?

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If you already have a navy jacket, look at jackets with a blend of brown and tan or brown and navy. I find that color combo works in both cool and warmer months depending upon the weight of the fabric. If this is for the more mild weather, look for a fabric blend of wool, silk, linen or wool and silk.

GMcMillan

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am new to this community and mens fashion in general.

I got a question regarding sports coat, I do have cotton navy, now I am looking for the second most versatile colour.
I do struggle to pick up one, as I will wear it inside during most of the year, and outside during warm months, I am based in London.

Here are some conditions :
Mid 20's
Medium blonde composition
Smart casual environment

I will wear it with, chinos (navy, blue, green, khaki, grey) or jeans, OCBD and might be some polo or t shirt sometimes.
Shoes - oxfords, loafers, white sneakers.

At this moment I am thinking about semi structured tan, as I am medium blonde with orangeish skin tone, I will never wear any brown or tan base layers, mostly focusing on pastels, white, grays for my shirts, that's why tan looks attractive.

I can manage navy for most cold months, but for SS I need some rotation at it will be daily Staple.

Please, any advice on that matter?
Camel hair sport coat works or something like that (I don’t personally wear those colors). Or lightweight brown tweed, lightweight medium-gray tweed with green/orange hints, medium-gray wool blends, lighter blue linen/blend.

Really depends on what else you are planning to wear with the jackets. Everyday fit-all-occasions type of thing?

Aleksejs

Reaction score
Camel hair sport coat works or something like that (I don’t personally wear those colors). Or lightweight brown tweed, lightweight medium-gray tweed with green/orange hints, medium-gray wool blends, lighter blue linen/blend.

Really depends on what else you are planning to wear with the jackets. Everyday fit-all-occasions type of thing?
Pretty much yes, every day, except occasions which I can cover with a navy blazer or a suit.
Warm weather oriented - so I can change oxfords for loafers or clean white sneakers.

GMcMillan

Reaction score
Pretty much yes, every day, except occasions which I can cover with a navy blazer or a suit.
Warm weather oriented - so I can change oxfords for loafers or clean white sneakers.
Something like this maybe in a lightweight Tweed.
20190114_011832.jpg

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.