1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Second Chicago Sartorial Meet-up on October 15, 2010

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by ld111134, Jul 29, 2010.

1. KingOfTheForum

KingOfTheForum Senior member

I smell networking madness. I'm intrigued....

2. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

It is a SF event if you guys dont even want to pay full price to meet eachother! [​IMG] We need a NY meetup too...

3. Xiaogou

Xiaogou Senior member

It is a SF event if you guys dont even want to pay full price to meet eachother! [​IMG]
    [​IMG] So true! Lou-- start a list. Michael and I got plane tickets already. We'll be there for sure. Are you really calling it the Tea Party Get- together? J/k. [​IMG]

4. jst41

jst41 New Member

Awesome. Thanks for setting this up. I'm in.

New to the forum and definately would be interested

5. ld111134

ld111134 Senior member

"Burton"/Gerard is the keeper of the list and our "banker" for this year's event.

We are thinking of calling the event "The English Cut" (just like the Spanish department store chain "El Corte InglÃ[​IMG]s"). [​IMG]

6. ld111134

ld111134 Senior member

[​IMG]

So true!

Lou-- start a list. Michael and I got plane tickets already. We'll be there for sure. Are you really calling it the Tea Party Get- together? J/k. [​IMG]

"Burton"/Gerard is the keeper of the list and our "banker" for this year's event.

We are thinking of calling the event "The English Cut" (just like the Spanish department store chain "El Corte InglÃ[​IMG]s"). You're welcome to bring your Tea Party banners and Gadsden Flags, however. [​IMG]

7. ld111134

ld111134 Senior member

8. ld111134

ld111134 Senior member

We've moved the start time of our event up to 5:00 p.m., but otherwise everything is the same:

• $76/person;

• Hub 51 at 51 West Hubbard Street in Chicago (between Clark and Dearborn); and

• Featured Vendors - Alfred Sargent, Harvie & Hudson and Hemingway Tailors; and

9. Style Pontifex

Style Pontifex Senior member

I was just about to post about the three-figure admission being somewhat prohibitive...$76 is more realistic for a lowly student. Probably will attend now.

10. OttoSkadelig

OttoSkadelig Senior member

should we wear masks... for consistency with WAYWRN?

[​IMG]

11. ld111134

ld111134 Senior member

Unfortunately, we have canceled the Sartorial Meet-up scheduled for October 15th. I look forward to meeting up with you otherwise.

12. Xiaogou

Xiaogou Senior member

Unfortunately, we have canceled the Sartorial Meet-up scheduled for October 15th. I look forward to meeting up with you otherwise.

But but but I don't understand [​IMG]

13. ld111134

ld111134 Senior member

But but but I don't understand [​IMG]
    There wasn't interest - only one person paid-up, and we decided to cancel rather than waiting until the last minute. We wanted to be fair to the vendors - we didn't want to tell them the night before that it wasn't going to happen.

14. antirabbit

antirabbit Senior member

Wow, I just saw this.
    Perhaps in the future what would be better is to compile a list of members in an urban area, then send notes out to them via pm?
    I didnt see this till now and would have signed up for this.

15. ld111134

ld111134 Senior member

Wow, I just saw this.
    Perhaps in the future what would be better is to compile a list of members in an urban area, then send notes out to them via pm?
    I didnt see this till now and would have signed up for this.

I did PM and e-mail a dozen or so local forumites (all guys I've communicated with before) in publicizing the event, but I like your idea.

16. onix

onix Senior member

I got an email from Harvie and Hudson with info about their upcoming trunk show. For Chicago: The Fairmont Chicago Thursday 14th & Friday 15th October 9am-5pm 200 North Columbus Drive, IL 60601 312 565 8000 Harvie & Hudson Shirt Makers, Hemingway Tailors and Sargent Shoe Makers So for clarification purpose, that means even though the meet-up is now cancelled, you can still see their trunk show.

17. Burton

Burton Senior member

I got an email from Harvie and Hudson with info about their upcoming trunk show. For Chicago:

The Fairmont Chicago
    Thursday 14th & Friday 15th October
    9am-5pm
    200 North Columbus Drive, IL 60601
    312 565 8000
    Harvie & Hudson Shirt Makers, Hemingway Tailors and Sargent Shoe Makers

So for clarification purpose, that means even though the meet-up is now cancelled, you can still see their trunk show.

Yes. Please understand that you can see Alfred Sargent, Harvie and Hudson and Hemingway Tailors here in Chicago next week. Despite our event being cancelled they all have trunk shows and everyone should do everything they can to come out and support great artisans.

Even if you just come out to meet and them and talk about future needs, now certainly is the time to visit with some of the best representatives of men's clothing.