1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Second chance offer

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by chobochobo, Jul 31, 2006.

1. chobochobo

chobochobo Senior member Moderator

I received a 2nd chance offer from ebay that looks legit. I was pipped to the post on a pair of Grenson Masterpieces by a buyer who also seems legit (and has good taste) 130 100% positive feedback. Now in the 'cold light of day' the offer is 118 sterling plus shipping from UK to HK. The shoes look nice and are supposedly 300 retail. I read Jcusey's review of this line of shoes which seems positive - anybody else any opinions please?

2. thinman

thinman Senior member

I can't offer specific advice without a link to the auction showing the specific shoes, but I own 2 pairs of Grenson MP shoes and the retail price of 300 pounds is about right, given their quality. Not as well-made as John Lobb Paris RTW, but they're right up there with my C&J Handgrades and better than my Alden or AE shoes. One of my Grenson's is my favorite pair of shoes because of the styling.

It also seems like a legitimate first buyer who backed out. I would still suggest checking out both buyer and seller on www.toolhaus.org.

3. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

Sounds very fishy. Make a lower offer and see what happens.