1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Seattle suiting places

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by doublemazaa, Mar 26, 2011.

1. doublemazaa

doublemazaa Well-Known Member

Looking for a place that will give me good direction in Seattle. I'm new to suiting but I'm getting married in July and need some help. Thinking about maybe going MTM, but am not sure yet.

I stopped by Butch Blum. They do Coppley MTM which I've read mediocre reviews on. Can you guys suggest other places to check out and learn more about what I should be considering?

Thanks.

2. geoffmartin17

geoffmartin17 Senior member

Looking for a place that will give me good direction in Seattle. I'm new to suiting but I'm getting married in July and need some help. Thinking about maybe going MTM, but am not sure yet.

I stopped by Butch Blum. They do Coppley MTM which I've read mediocre reviews on. Can you guys suggest other places to check out and learn more about what I should be considering?

Thanks.

Depends what your price range is. If you're looking for 2000+, then you can hit up mario's in downtown. They do Isaia MTM and a few others AFAIK.

3. doublemazaa

doublemazaa Well-Known Member

I was hoping to find something in the $1200-$1500 range, but I'll stop by marios and chat with them about what I should be looking for... a lot of what I need at this point is education. Any other advice on how to get suit educated or where to look in Seattle would be appreciated.

4. Coburn

Coburn Senior member

5. Champagnedreams

Champagnedreams Active Member

6. Coburn

Coburn Senior member

7. Seattleguy84

Seattleguy84 Member

I don't know that Manu Mahira has retired. I've been corresponding with his company to make arrangements for a measuring at the Sheraton this week. Perhaps he is only semi-retired?

8. Ejirardo

Ejirardo Senior member

Manu himself is retired, he transferred his clients to his business partner Andre who travels frequently to Seattle to meet with clients at the Sheraton.

9. Seattleguy84

Seattleguy84 Member

Anyone have any experience with Andre? This will be my first suit - I decided to go for a custom-fit suit rather than off the rack. Why pay something that is fused off the rack if you can pay slightly more for something that is a much better fit and higher quality? Anyway, I'm hoping it works out well.

10. Seattleguy84

Seattleguy84 Member

Hi Guys -

So, I've decided to take the plunge and order a suit from Mahiras made from Dormeuil Charcoal Gray. It was quite pricey to me, but hopefully well worth it. I'll let you know how it goes. :)

Last edited: Oct 26, 2013