• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Seattle Cleaner

jj4

Reaction score
I recently moved to the Seattle area, but I have yet to find a decent shirt cleaner. The ones I have tried left me disappointed. I figured someone here might have a suggestion for me. Who knows a good cleaner in Seattle?

jmh

Reaction score
JJ4: Welcome to town. I hope you like it here better than I (a unreconstructed Californian) do.

As you may have already discovered, there is generally a dearth of "carriage trade" goods and service providers in Seattle. You're not in NY or SF anymore.

In my researches, I've come to believe that the best shirt laundry and dry cleaner both is Barg French Cleaners, located downtown at 2018 3rd Ave., 206.448.0818. Both laundry and dry cleaning done on the premises. Nice people and good service -- although, again, you won't confuse this will Upper East Side Manhattan or West Side Los Angeles.

Barg also has a store on upper Queen Anne at 2402 Queen Anne Blvd. Easier parking and access if you happen to live or work in that neck of the woods. Shirts go to downtown plant anyhow but can be dropped and picked up at this location.

Hope this is useful to you.

While on the subject of Where to Find It in Seattle: does anyone on the forum have suggestions based on experience for shirtmaker and custom tailor here?

There's Michael's Bespoke Tailors here and Gian DeCaro Sartoria. Do either cut and tailor garments in their shops? Which is better? Is there a third option?

Thanks.

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want to revive this thread, since it's five years old. Do any of the Seattleites on this board have a preferred dry cleaner? The place closest to my house (Bakkers) pressed a deep crease into the lapel of an odd jacket I left with them. Luckily it was just a Goodwill bargain - but I don't want to take anything good there. Suggestions?

Coburn

Reaction score
Entai Cleaners in Bellevue are the best shirt laundry I've found in Seattle region.

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Coburn
Entai Cleaners in Bellevue are the best shirt laundry I've found in Seattle region.

Thanks Coburn. Can I assume they do suits too? I usually wash my shirts at home, and wouldn't cross the lake to have them cleaned anyway, but I *would* cross the lake on the rare occasion I need to have a suit cleaned.

Bane

Reaction score
TMac, have you found a solid place to get your suits cleaned yet? I could use a recommendation. Does no one in Seattle own a suit?

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nope - nothing on the West side anyway. I'll keep my ears peeled.

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jayhawk1412

Reaction score
Which neighborhood in Seattle do you live in?

I've lived all over Seattle, so I have a pretty good idea of which cleaners you should go to.

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jayhawk1412
Which neighborhood in Seattle do you live in?

I've lived all over Seattle, so I have a pretty good idea of which cleaners you should go to.

Phinney Ridge, and work in the U-dist. I'd be grateful for any recommendations.

Jayhawk1412

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tyrone MacStiophain
Phinney Ridge, and work in the U-dist. I'd be grateful for any recommendations.

Hmm well a work associate of mine uses Ultra Dry Cleaning off Ravenna in Greenlake. He also used Phinney Ridge Cleaners for quite awhile too.

The only cleaners I know of in the U-Dist is Campus Cleaners which a bunch of my buddies used when they went there. No complaints.

If you dont mind the drive, Ultra is the best in your area. Or give Phinney a shot, I've heard good things.

Best cleaners in Seattle hands-down is Helena's downtown, or Alki Cleaners where I live but those are quite a drive.

Hope this helps!

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips! I can easily make it to Ultra, so I'll drop my next piece off there.

TheObserver

Reaction score
I want to revive this thread, since it's five years old. Do any of the Seattleites on this board have a preferred dry cleaner?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads