• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Seattle Alterations Tailor Recommendations?

JesseJB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im wondering the same thing. I need to get some shirts done.

hughjoen

Reaction score
There really isn't a good tailor or alteration shop (dry cleaners) that offer consistent work and prices in Seattle area. I usually use Nordstrom for alterations so that I will only deal with their professional services. To slim some shirts, I usually go to a lady in Tacoma, but its too far for me to go. Its very frustrating and difficult to find nice work and price to match here in Seattle. For example, to slim a dress shirt on the sides and the sleeves, I paid $ 15 in Tacoma few years ago. The same work, with far inferior work in in Bellevue cost me $45...and the same work with decent quality in San Jose, $8-10.

Style Counsel

Reaction score
I have had a few repairs done by Anna at Mario's Custom Tailors in downtown Seattle, and have been happy with the results. Haven't tried any major alterations there yet.

(On Stewart between 3rd and 4th, across the street from Macy's)

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I've heard good things about Anna at Mario's. Also heard of someone named Ihon (don't know how it's pronounced) at 206.464.0720. And there is a cleaners that has a sign saying "shirt alteration experts" out on Market in Ballard that I wish someone would try and report on.

I've never used anyone but Beck's in Bellevue and that was a long time ago, and I wasn't too impressed.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
I've heard good things about Anna at Mario's. Also heard of someone named Ihon (don't know how it's pronounced) at 206.464.0720. And there is a cleaners that has a sign saying "shirt alteration experts" out on Market in Ballard that I wish someone would try and report on.

I've never used anyone but Beck's in Bellevue and that was a long time ago, and I wasn't too impressed.

I go to the tailor on Market. He has a fitting room and takes measurements quickly but accurately. The work is fast and the price is low. I used to live in his hometown in Korea and sometimes practice my Korean on him and he has given me a discount every time. I think the actual name of the establishment is "Sparkle Cleaners" or something like that.

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How are Anna's rates? I have a few dress shirts I need to have taken in, but they're not especially high end, so if it's going to cost a lot I'd rather just put the money towards some MTM shirts.

hossoso, do you know if Sparkle Cleaners are open on the weekend? That place sounds pretty good, but Ballard is such a pain to get to from where I live (First Hill).

Style Counsel

Reaction score
I'm not sure exactly what Anna would charge for that, but her prices have always seemed reasonable to me. Definitely worth a call, at least.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dtmt
How are Anna's rates? I have a few dress shirts I need to have taken in, but they're not especially high end, so if it's going to cost a lot I'd rather just put the money towards some MTM shirts.

hossoso, do you know if Sparkle Cleaners are open on the weekend? That place sounds pretty good, but Ballard is such a pain to get to from where I live (First Hill).

I am sure they are open on Saturdays, not positive about Sundays. I have only had alterations on blazers and trousers done there but I am sure that shirts would be no problem for him. If you want MTM there is a place in the ID that does them cheap and gets great reviews. In fact, the guy in the ID probably also does alterations and he would be more convenient to your location. Though I always encourage people to come to Ballard to do business any chance I get. Blackbird is having a sale...
smile.gif

Style Counsel

Reaction score
What's the MTM place in the ID? Haven't heard of it.

Speaking of which, anybody ever tried Michael's Bespoke Tailors?

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this the place in the ID you are talking about?

Hong Kong Tailors
1424 4th Ave # 730
Seattle, WA 98101
(206) 623-5872

yamazs

Reaction score
A little late but...

I had my APC NS's hemmed at Kuhlman's in Seattle! They did a wonderful job and are SUPER friendly! They do other types of alterations as well though I have no experience with their quality of service outside of denim....

jmh

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with Decaro Sartoria Custom Tailors?

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yamazs
A little late but...

I had my APC NS's hemmed at Kuhlman's in Seattle! They did a wonderful job and are SUPER friendly! They do other types of alterations as well though I have no experience with their quality of service outside of denim....

Price?

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with Decaro Sartoria Custom Tailors?
I've heard positive comments about their work, but nothing in regards to alterations. I've been meaning to stop in and ask about having some shirts made, and possibly a suit.

Probably not expensive - I'd expect Scott would only charge a reasonable amount.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads