1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Seasonality

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Manton, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

Whoa! When you guys speak of "band-aid" colored shoes, I always thought of EG Burnt Pine. If its Edwardian, then throw me in the FNB camp!

2. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

Tan shoes are an enduring summer classic. I mean woven shoes for summer are an abomination, but tan?

3. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

she probably thought you were a retired, rich, eccentric old man that looked incredibly good for your 82 years of age.

4. RDiaz

RDiaz Senior member

What's wrong with tan shoes? What else would you pair a khaki, light grey or blue, or tan suit with?

5. Eustace Tilley

[​IMG]

I think a light brown leather (Burnt Pine, in this case) will always trump the tan (Edwardian) version

1 person likes this.
  6. RDiaz

RDiaz Senior member

Well second one from the left is what I call "tan" and I believe it would look great with a khaki suit... but I wouldn't say no to the first pair (talking about colour, not the shoe itself) with a seersucker suit, either.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  7. Eustace Tilley

I was referring to the third (Edwardian) and fifth (Burnt Pine) shoes from the left.

8. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

I would wear any of those shoes but acorn, admittedly, has a very narrow usefulness.