• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Searching for an orange trench

Anti

Reaction score
My apologies, I couldn't find the rules find out about thread necromancy. as such, i'm makin' a new one! hi. Found this forum searching for an orange trench seen on Gossip Girl [another member had made a thread for it]. unfortunately, the search was never concluded. I'm hoping I may have some more luck. I would actually probably prefer double breasted if it was found. Something like this, in a bright orange, would be absolutely perfect.
Originally Posted by free man
It is from Gossip Girl, silly I know. But I must know what it is.
627400zx5.jpg
626864je3.jpg
chuck2mt6.jpg

I believe it's a Philip Lim Inspector Coat like this, but it's not double breasted and the comment was rather vague. so uh. Been searching far and wide with no success. Any takers?

Anti

Reaction score
My apologies for the bump, but... really? No one?

Anti

Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
Might have to go bespoke.
was thinking that. Got an offer for $350 AU for one any colour, made to fit.
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
My wife has a bright orange trench by BCBG from two years ago that looks similar to that. A woman's brand name. You may want to check the men's line i do believe they have a men's line.
No luck
frown.gif

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Anti
was thinking that. Got an offer for $350 AU for one any colour, made to fit.
No luck
frown.gif

What was the tailor? I might be heading down Oz' way soon.

Anti

Reaction score
That's an amazing find Jimmy, something cheap on eBay is absolutely ideal for me. It's too bad it's so short, and miles too big (I've a 38" chest, that's a 50"
frown.gif
). I can't thank you enough for the effort though, it's closer than I ever found. I'll be able to find out tomorrow Edi, check back here.

Hany

Reaction score
That's an amazing find Jimmy, something cheap on eBay is absolutely ideal for me. It's too bad it's so short, and miles too big (I've a 38" chest, that's a 50"
frown.gif
). I can't thank you enough for the effort though, it's closer than I ever found.

I'll be able to find out tomorrow Edi, check back here.

That is actually your size. The seller says it's a Medium although the pictures are of an XL:
"SIZE: MEDIUM ( THIS AUCTION IS FOR A SIZE MEDIUM, ALTHOUGH THE PICTURE SHOWS AN XL)".
Therefore it's a Euro 48 which means a 38.

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen a Uniqlo coat exactly like that from 2 years ago.

Anti

Reaction score
leads on a way to find one TD? Am searching as I type this...
Originally Posted by Hany
That is actually your size. The seller says it's a Medium although the pictures are of an XL: "SIZE: MEDIUM ( THIS AUCTION IS FOR A SIZE MEDIUM, ALTHOUGH THE PICTURE SHOWS AN XL)". Therefore it's a Euro 48 which means a 38.
It says on the seller's measurements "CHEST 48-50"", though.

Hany

Reaction score
It says on the seller's measurements "CHEST 48-50"", though.
Yeah but that wouldn't be a medium at 48" lol I'd rather go with the manufacturer's tag.
You can always ask the seller but I'm not even sure if an XXXL would have a 50" chest, let alone a Medium.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads