1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Sea Shepherd's new boat vs Japanese Whalers

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by robin, Jan 6, 2010.

1. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

So you admit you don't know shit as well...

about whales. I do, apperently, know how to yank a young tree huggers chain.

2. crazyquik

crazyquik Senior member

There are probably 500k to 1 million southern minke whales.

The Japanese kill like 500 per year. I don't see why people get their nuts in such a bunch over it.

3. scarphe

scarphe Senior member

There are probably 500k to 1 million southern minke whales. The Japanese kill like 500 per year. I don't see why people get their nuts in such a bunch over it.
    because they are intelliegtn creatures and they nto are no longer consdred a food source by a bunch hippies adn people who except their belief(but still where leather and eat meat), who think that there cultural standards are superior.

4. quevola

quevola Senior member

about whales. I do, apperently, know how to yank a young tree huggers chain.

The problem is that you aren't trying to yank anybodies chain - just talking out of your ass.

5. apropos

apropos Senior member

The problem is that you aren't trying to yank anybodies chain - just talking out of your ass.
    And apparently that is enough... to yank a young treehugger's chain.

6. quevola

quevola Senior member

And apparently that is enough... to yank a young treehugger's chain.

And apparently my response was enough.... to yank several decrepit lumberjack's chains.

Man these circular arguments are a lot of fun.

7. Trompe le Monde

Trompe le Monde Senior member

the whale ive had was pretty good. very beef like. (course they are mammals)

8. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

no, actually in this case I dont' really care one way or another. I do find it funny that nobody cares when we fish the codfish out of existance, or any of the other 100 important species wiped out, but we kill an aqautic mamal that sings and suddenly everybody gets all weepy about it.

9. quevola

quevola Senior member

no, actually in this case I dont' really care one way or another. I do find it funny that nobody cares when we fish the codfish out of existance, or any of the other 100 important species wiped out, but we kill an aqautic mamal that sings and suddenly everybody gets all weepy about it.

This thread is about the Sea Shepherd and Japanese whaling. Start a thread about the codfish and the jerkoffs who over-fished them and I'll give you my opinion, if you are interested.

10. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

It's a reality people working to protect endangered species have to deal with, some species just gather more sympathy from the general public. It means you hafta work harder to protect other ones, not that the one getting sympathy should ALSO be extinguished.

11. Working Stiff

Working Stiff Senior member

His this thread dealt with the issue of Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home?

What about this footage of an exploding whale?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

12. ysc

ysc Senior member

It's a reality people working to protect endangered species have to deal with, some species just gather more sympathy from the general public.
    The silly way that people prioritise conservation based on animals they "like" can be harnessed though. I suspect the one reason people whine so much about whales being killed, and care so much about them, is they have been subjected to a long running and fairly successful PR campaign with just this purpose in mind. People who are otherwise ill informed and apathetic on conservation issues really "care" about whales. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charismatic_megafauna http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flagship_species

13. redcaimen

redcaimen Senior member

What would a whale say if it could talk? "Fish taste good. I like to swim. Dont eat me. Bye." Is this worth dissappointing thousands of japanese schoolchildren?

14. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

You left out, "Hey baby, wanna wamma-wamma?"

15. Trompe le Monde

What would a whale say if it could talk? "Fish taste good. I like to swim. Dont eat me. Bye." Is this worth dissappointing thousands of japanese schoolchildren?

[​IMG]

16. Trompe le Monde

and why killing whales are justified

[​IMG]
    fucka you dorphin! a fucka you whalres!

17. Dragon

Dragon Senior member

They do not taste great, they taste like fat crap.

We should drop another nuke on the Japs to teach them to respect life.

Maybe you tried the bacon. I agree whale bacon does taste quite fatty. Many of the other parts taste like lean beef tough. It is supposed to be very high in protein, but without the fat that comes with other land-based meats.

I think Japanese cuisine is one of the most respectful to life though. For example, Japanese eat the whole fish in respect of the life of the fish, while in the U.S. most people only eat the fillet and throw away the rest. Things like the very sharp Japanese knives are also part of the culture of respecting life. Traditionally, I think every detail of the cuisine is centered around the respect of life, from preparation to consumption.

I am ignorant as well, but . . .

I'm glad that when I drive around my SUV, people aren't throwing stink bombs at it and trying to slash my tires by throwing roofing nails into the road.

+1 This was the equivalent of the driving down the street in a huge SUV, having eggs thrown at you, then being rammed by a Prius.

18. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    Maybe you tried the bacon. I agree whale bacon does taste quite fatty.

Where does one get a fry pan large enough to hold strips of whale bacon?

19. dl20

dl20 Senior member

One would think that a small, light, powerful speedboat would be able to outmaneuver a large lumbering fucking whaling vessel.

It likely takes the whaling ship a minute to make a 90 degree turn. ERGO: The people on the anti-whaling vessel are hippie scumbag terrorists who probably deserve to be ice cubes right now for their stupidity. The whalers are probably fishing illegally, but guess what - when I see someone jaywalking, it doesn't give me free reign to run them down with my car.

+10000000000

The SS staff always make themselves out to be the victim. On the show, they board the Japanese boats and then claim that they are being held against their will. If you sit in the path of these vessels trying to make a "statement" expect to get torn to shreds.

Meanwhile, has anyone noticed from watching the show that they do absolutely nothing to stop the Japanese?

dl

20. dl20

dl20 Senior member

This thread is about the Sea Shepherd and Japanese whaling. Start a thread about the codfish and the jerkoffs who over-fished them and I'll give you my opinion, if you are interested.

Hey quevola, why don't you tone it down a bit partner [​IMG]