• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SD pickups

greentea

Reaction score
oh damn, it measures to 34, i guess theyre measured like a lvc. because the 103xx they also tack on the account to stretching when they sized it.

digital_denim

Big Lose
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hawkeye
How do the tshirts fit?

Pretty snug. They're mediums, but the I love SD shirt is really short and a bit tighter. I don't think I can put this one in the dryer. The white one is better. I like the fit better than my AA which tends to be a bit long.

xcoldricex

Reaction score
you gotta be skinny i think to rock em. otherwise they'll show your belly haha.

Hawkeye

Reaction score
Originally Posted by xcoldricex
you gotta be skinny i think to rock em. otherwise they'll show your belly haha.

So if I was tall and skinny, I would go for a large? How about Denime shirts, same deal?

JeffVyain

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JeffVyain
poly, when you did they, did your samurais get soft? i'm thinking about doing that to mine. how much more did they shrink?

Wow, I was a bit drunk when I wrote that. I meant to say "When you dried them..."

Does anyone else have experience with this? I wanna shrink my samurais a bit more, but I'm scared they'll lose their rigidness if I stick em in the dryer.

And yea, those jeans are badass.

BigSur

Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
how bout the dryer? after a hot bath for 4 hours wasnt good enough for my samauri's i did another hot wash and dried it in the dryer, big denim taboo i know, but it did shrink a little bit more...maybe if i did that in the first place it would have been better..

so, did the 4 hours in the bath not shrink them much?

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BigSur
so, did the 4 hours in the bath not shrink them much?

it def did shrink like 1 1/2 inches, but not to the point where they said it would, especially what a 66 cut should be....i'm really confused about samauri though, everyone in the forums said its shrink to tag size, but when i tried on the 30 tag size (i wear 30 in everything else, from nudies to SDA 103's) these were skin tight and the waist was so tight, and under the advice of the guy in the store, he told me tag 32 would shrink to 30 after hot wash, so that what I did and they're still pretty baggy, but much better than before...should have gone with a 31 and stretched them out though...
dozingoff.gif
dozingoff.gif

rnrswitch

Reaction score
I think that is the case for the S5000VX. What style did you get? When I was in Blue IN Green, I believe they told me that the s5000s ran big or something like that. Come to think of it I can't remember which model it was, but there was one model that started at tag size and shrank to below tag size. My s505s are tagged 30, but measure about 31.5"

Ahhh hell don't believe a damn word I say.

digital_denim

Big Lose
Reaction score
Just realized that this tshirt was different in sizing, this one is atypical, runs boxier and longer, so i think the I love SD shirt is standard sizing:
http://translate.google.com/translat...l%3Den%26lr%3D
edit: never mind it seems all the shirt descriptions say that.

And the front has a special rubber material on it. Was wondering on why it was a price difference.
img55682cu.jpg

JeffVyain

Reaction score
Yea, I have the s5000vx. Maybe I didn't let them soak long enough or something, or they could just run a little large as you said. I think they were in the tub for nearly an hour, and I let them sun dry. I bought sz. 30s and they were definitely bigger than that, because every size 30 I ever buy needs some good stretching. I don't mind the sizing right now, but I think I'd like them quite a bit more if they shrank just a bit more. I may throw them in the dryer, but I'm afraid they'll get too soft... No one's answered that one for me yet.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads