1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

SD pickups

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by digital_denim, Jul 10, 2006.

1. horriblyjollyjinx

horriblyjollyjinx Senior member

check out this guy's honeycombs!

Ohhh, nice! Does it say how long they were used and how many times washed?

2. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Senior member

you gotta be skinny i think to rock em. otherwise they'll show your belly haha.

So if I was tall and skinny, I would go for a large? How about Denime shirts, same deal?

3. horriblyjollyjinx

4. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Senior member

5. JeffVyain

JeffVyain Active Member

poly, when you did they, did your samurais get soft? i'm thinking about doing that to mine. how much more did they shrink?

Wow, I was a bit drunk when I wrote that. I meant to say "When you dried them..."

Does anyone else have experience with this? I wanna shrink my samurais a bit more, but I'm scared they'll lose their rigidness if I stick em in the dryer.

And yea, those jeans are badass.

6. BigSur

BigSur Senior member

how bout the dryer? after a hot bath for 4 hours wasnt good enough for my samauri's i did another hot wash and dried it in the dryer, big denim taboo i know, but it did shrink a little bit more...maybe if i did that in the first place it would have been better..

so, did the 4 hours in the bath not shrink them much?

7. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

so, did the 4 hours in the bath not shrink them much?

it def did shrink like 1 1/2 inches, but not to the point where they said it would, especially what a 66 cut should be....i'm really confused about samauri though, everyone in the forums said its shrink to tag size, but when i tried on the 30 tag size (i wear 30 in everything else, from nudies to SDA 103's) these were skin tight and the waist was so tight, and under the advice of the guy in the store, he told me tag 32 would shrink to 30 after hot wash, so that what I did and they're still pretty baggy, but much better than before...should have gone with a 31 and stretched them out though...[​IMG] [​IMG]

8. rnrswitch

rnrswitch Senior member

I think that is the case for the S5000VX. What style did you get? When I was in Blue IN Green, I believe they told me that the s5000s ran big or something like that. Come to think of it I can't remember which model it was, but there was one model that started at tag size and shrank to below tag size. My s505s are tagged 30, but measure about 31.5"

Ahhh hell don't believe a damn word I say.

9. digital_denim

digital_denim Senior member

Just realized that this tshirt was different in sizing, this one is atypical, runs boxier and longer, so i think the I love SD shirt is standard sizing:
    http://translate.google.com/translat...l%3Den%26lr%3D
    edit: never mind it seems all the shirt descriptions say that.

And the front has a special rubber material on it. Was wondering on why it was a price difference.
    [​IMG]

10. JeffVyain

JeffVyain Active Member

Yea, I have the s5000vx. Maybe I didn't let them soak long enough or something, or they could just run a little large as you said. I think they were in the tub for nearly an hour, and I let them sun dry. I bought sz. 30s and they were definitely bigger than that, because every size 30 I ever buy needs some good stretching. I don't mind the sizing right now, but I think I'd like them quite a bit more if they shrank just a bit more. I may throw them in the dryer, but I'm afraid they'll get too soft... No one's answered that one for me yet.

11. rnrswitch

rnrswitch Senior member

Jeffy,

I would try a warm wash. A wash for me always tends to shrink them a little more, but I would be hesitant to throw them in the dryer. It may not affect it much, but the stiffness may be lost. I guess if you do want to throw them in the dryer then you could starch the hell out of them and retain some of that stiffness.

12. digital_denim

digital_denim Senior member

I would go for fit over stiffness anytime. What good is the pair, if they fit kinda sloppy?

13. horriblyjollyjinx

my samurai s0505XX shrank to tagged size. I have read on Samurai's messageboard that the s5000's run 2 cm bigger than tagged, but this is the first time I heard this so I will not draw a conclusion before I have my pair!

14. JeffVyain

JeffVyain Active Member

It just depends on the fit you want. I should've downsized an inch I think. Jinx, judging by the types of other jeans you have, having perused your blog a bit, I would say you'd want to do the same. I may just dry them...I suppose, at worst, they'll end up in "one-wash" form. I just got some denimes in one-wash, and they were definitely too soft, but I just liquid starched them, so now they should fall how I want them to. Either way, the Samurais are going to still have the best denim I've ever seen, whether they be hard as rocks or a little softer. I'd pick fit over form any day as well, but the amount of stiffness of the denim does change the fit.

15. rnrswitch

rnrswitch Senior member

I would go for fit over stiffness anytime. What good is the pair, if they fit kinda sloppy?

true.

16. horriblyjollyjinx

It just depends on the fit you want. I should've downsized an inch I think. Jinx, judging by the types of other jeans you have, having perused your blog a bit, I would say you'd want to do the same. I may just dry them...I suppose, at worst, they'll end up in "one-wash" form. I just got some denimes in one-wash, and they were definitely too soft, but I just liquid starched them, so now they should fall how I want them to. Either way, the Samurais are going to still have the best denim I've ever seen, whether they be hard as rocks or a little softer. I'd pick fit over form any day as well, but the amount of stiffness of the denim does change the fit.

Yeah, I did order a 29 instead of 30, maybe I should've gotten a 28 though? We'll see.

17. greentea

greentea Well-Known Member

i always size down 2 and stretch it.

18. rnrswitch

rnrswitch Senior member

With unsanforized denim I typically buy the jeans with just a little movement in the waist... about .5 to 1" too big. Then after a nice warm or cold soak they will shrink to a snug almost tight fit and then stretch back out in a few days.

HorriblyJollyJinx,

How big were your s0505s on you before the warm soak? Did they shrink a lot and then stretch back out?

19. greentea

greentea Well-Known Member

my 505 was size 30 and measured exactly to tag size i think. and now stretched to 32, no cold soak. straight rigid and raw. im normally a 32.

20. horriblyjollyjinx

With unsanforized denim I typically buy the jeans with just a little movement in the waist... about .5 to 1" too big. Then after a nice warm or cold soak they will shrink to a snug almost tight fit and then stretch back out in a few days.

HorriblyJollyJinx,

How big were your s0505s on you before the warm soak? Did they shrink a lot and then stretch back out?

They shrunk to tag size(30) and now they have stretched to 31.5" or 32".