• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scuff on Rick Owens Ramones - repair or ignore?

Valas

Reaction score
First post, pls be gentle. So I just pulled the trigger on a pair of Ramones after years of debating whether I should drop that kind of cash. And of course after not even a week of owning them I've managed to scuff the toe box. Now I'm just curious, should I worry about repairing this (and how?) or am I overreacting? Normally I wouldn't make a big deal about it but we all know what these shoes cost. I'd love some feedback.

20170429_122308.jpg 20170429_122315.jpg 20170429_122343.jpg

bbconair

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they are shoes. they're going to get scuffed unless you don't wear them.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brand new/spotless Ramones look silly, trash away.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find this thread pretty ironic considering the name of this shoe, but if you really want to keep them shiny and new looking white shoe polish will help minimize the blemish.

stefanmaneaa

Reaction score
hello,i just got the same problem as u,any updates?did u managed to take care of the scuff?

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
best thing to do for issues like this is scrape off the scuff with a knife, and reapply elmers glue to the outer sole area, and wait 48 hours for reconditioning process to heal the sole.

Willjs

Reaction score
It’s a matter of personal preference, I just kind of leave mine, but when I bought my pair I bought them used and did a little restoration to give myself a clean slate. Since the toe is leather the only way to clear this scuffs is to sand them down (with a very fine grit) and repaint. I used angelus vanilla and white paint and mixed them to get a match. As for scuffs on the sides of the sole an eraser and some elbow grease does the trick. If you want my opinion, beat them to the ground. I don’t judge you for liking to keep them crispy though.

Willjs

Reaction score
best thing to do for issues like this is scrape off the scuff with a knife, and reapply elmers glue to the outer sole area, and wait 48 hours for reconditioning process to heal the sole.
Please don’t do this you’ll wreck the leather.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads