• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scottsdale Visit

charlief1975

Reaction score
I'm headed to Scottsdale this weekend. Getting there Thursday, leaving Sunday. Haven't been to Phoenix/Scottsdale in a while. Looking for stores/places I should check out. Going with the GF, will have a car, staying at the FireSky Resort. Anyone have any thoughts on that place?

Any tips, advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Bob Loblaw

Reaction score
Head down to the Biltmore on 24th St. and Camelback.

jtoddaz

Reaction score
I would check out Kierland Commons. Descent shopping, an outdoor upscale mall with live music on the weekends. Also, for some bargains, I'd check out Arizona Mills in Tempe. For food, I'd just stay close and walk around downtown Scottsdale. Tons of great food and bars. Have fun.

greyinla

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jtoddaz
I'd check out Arizona Mills in Tempe.

Yeah, it's a pretty good one, decent Last Call and Off Fifth there.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I stayed at the firesky resort a couple months back, had a great stay there-- and the location relative to one of the two shopping malls can't be beat. be sure to hit both of the malls (the indoor [neiman marcus] and outdoor [saks]). You might run into Robbie at Saks who is a brilliant salesperson and very knowledgeable on tailored clothing. I meant to buy a nice zegna milano item or two from him before i left the USA, but my company bumped up my timeline and I wasn't able to make it happen. Personally, i like the sushi bar at the indoor mall in the hawaiian restaurant for a bite while shopping around.

As others have mentioned it is worth a stop out of your way (since you have a car during your stay) at arizona mills, which is a short highway drive from your hotel. it will take you a maximum of about 30 minutes to run thru the NM last call (to look for possible gems: high end tailored clothing and cool name brands hidden thruout the store) and the saks (don't waste time looking for tailored clothing here, look for casual stuff if you need it) to find the good stuff. no other stores there are worth your time, except starbucks of course
smile.gif
good to do first thing in the morning, i think it opens at 10AM so you can make a quick trip before the rest of your plans. Found my kiton sportcoat at NM there, actually-- but it was one of only two kiton items in the whole store at the time.

charlief1975

Reaction score
Thanks for the info....good SW food is very high on my list.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads