Scoop on True Religion?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Dan G, Jun 7, 2008.

1. seamless74

seamless74 Senior member

uh...... no they dont ... ever under any circumstances ever... its just not possible..

2. cldpsu

cldpsu Senior member

uh...... no they dont ... ever under any circumstances ever... its just not possible..

Yes it is. You're being a nazi. Flap pockets are possible. They don't have to be as feminine as you're probably imagining them sonny boy

3. travanx

travanx Active Member

I havent seen TR jeans look good on a male yet. But there are a lot of females they look good on. Not all either though. Guess they arent miracle jeans.

4. BrettChaotix

BrettChaotix Senior member

Yes it is. You're being a nazi. Flap pockets are possible. They don't have to be as feminine as you're probably imagining them sonny boy
    I imagine them more douchebag than femme..... I just picture some dude wearing TRs with a Ed Hardey shirt, tribal tattoos, square toed shoes and frosted spikey hair.

5. datasupa

datasupa Senior member

I imagine them more douchebag than femme..... I just picture Daily555 wearing TRs with a Ed Hardey shirt, tribal tattoos, square toed shoes and frosted spikey hair.

fixed

6. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

tell you the truth i think beautiful women with great asses can wear whatever they want but im even starting to call them out in my head for wearing this shit...

Ughhhhh. This weekend I was driving around Indy, up by Keystone, and I see this amazingly gorgeous woman with a great body walk by. So I obviously slow down traffic in my staring at her. She turns the corner and I'm thinkin I'm gonna get a look at that nice ass, and then all of a sudden I realize the jeans are True Religion. I didn't just get disgusted, I got pissed. It was ridiculous. Goddamn SF. That never would have happened to me a year ago.

7. Daily555

Daily555 Active Member

Ughhhhh. This weekend I was driving around Indy, up by Keystone, and I see this amazingly gorgeous woman with a great body walk by. So I obviously slow down traffic in my staring at her. She turns the corner and I'm thinkin I'm gonna get a look at that nice ass, and then all of a sudden I realize the jeans are True Religion. I didn't just get disgusted, I got pissed. It was ridiculous. Goddamn SF. That never would have happened to me a year ago.

If you avoided looking at a gorgeous woman because she was wearing a particular brand of jeans, maybe you should rethink your sexuality.

8. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

If you avoided looking at a gorgeous woman because she was wearing a particular brand of jeans, maybe you should rethink your sexuality.

Wow..... I hadn't even thought of that. That's great advice, I'll get right on it.

9. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

it is like every other guy who wears a 'designer' jeans is has a TR on. too ubiquitous

10. atuhsad

atuhsad Senior member

i think the issue, as has been stated many times, is that the jeans are "flashy." I would say the majority of the people on this forum, myself included, prefer more "understated" looking jeans with subtle details which to us, make the jeans stand out more than some giant horseshoe (or other logo / design) stiched into the back pocket.

However, becuase someone wears new religion doesnt really give people the right to think of them as being uncool or a meathead or a jerk etc. Its just their preference in style, much like our preference in style is to not wear these jeans. Not one paticular group is better than the other, just one group will view the other as being less stylish, and viceversa.

I mean, a lot of people wear APC, yet we dont look down upon that. Once someone wears a "popular" brand that we dont necessarily like (ala true religion), then it becomes a problem. We conform to our view of "style" and others conform to theirs. Big deal.

I guess in the end, not everyone in the world can be as pretentious and full of themselves as some of the people on this board that affords them the luxury of looing down upon and demonizing the "less fashionable" (in their opinion).

11. GY!BE

GY!BE Senior member

[​IMG]

12. mtgguy777

mtgguy777 Well-Known Member

I'd rather not wear hindu characters on my ass. I see it a lot around my school though

13. Daily555

Daily555 Active Member

[​IMG]
    What's really funny is you have no idea whether I'm male or female, let alone how I dress. All you know is I own some true religion jeans. You should have been a detective, clearly. It seems to me the attitude that's standard on this forum by 5 or 10 memebers is that if you make someone else look bad, you must look better in comparison. Clearly, the only way some of you can try and look good is to engage in a desperate attempt to make someone else look so bad, you look better in comparison-even though you're pathetically "unconfident" yourself. It's a lot more desperate and tacky than wearing true religion jeans, that's for sure.

14. jet

jet Persian Bro

Daily555, changing the world of style one post at a time.

15. Lel

Lel Senior member

I think that TR is fine on girls. Style for girls is under completely different standards than for men. I've seen some examples of girls wearing the more unisex cut raw brands and the bad outweighed the good. I want something that nicely shapes their ass.

Whether it's True Religion, SFAM, Levis, American Eagle, or obscure Japanese brands.