• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scoop on True Religion?

seamless74

Reaction score
uh...... no they dont ... ever under any circumstances ever... its just not possible..

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by seamless74
uh...... no they dont ... ever under any circumstances ever... its just not possible..

Yes it is. You're being a nazi. Flap pockets are possible. They don't have to be as feminine as you're probably imagining them sonny boy

travanx

Reaction score
I havent seen TR jeans look good on a male yet. But there are a lot of females they look good on. Not all either though. Guess they arent miracle jeans.

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cldpsu
Yes it is. You're being a nazi. Flap pockets are possible. They don't have to be as feminine as you're probably imagining them sonny boy
I imagine them more douchebag than femme..... I just picture some dude wearing TRs with a Ed Hardey shirt, tribal tattoos, square toed shoes and frosted spikey hair.

datasupa

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrettChaotix
I imagine them more douchebag than femme..... I just picture Daily555 wearing TRs with a Ed Hardey shirt, tribal tattoos, square toed shoes and frosted spikey hair.

fixed

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by seamless74

tell you the truth i think beautiful women with great asses can wear whatever they want but im even starting to call them out in my head for wearing this ****...

Ughhhhh. This weekend I was driving around Indy, up by Keystone, and I see this amazingly gorgeous woman with a great body walk by. So I obviously slow down traffic in my staring at her. She turns the corner and I'm thinkin I'm gonna get a look at that nice ass, and then all of a sudden I realize the jeans are True Religion. I didn't just get disgusted, I got pissed. It was ridiculous. Goddamn SF. That never would have happened to me a year ago.

Daily555

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Ughhhhh. This weekend I was driving around Indy, up by Keystone, and I see this amazingly gorgeous woman with a great body walk by. So I obviously slow down traffic in my staring at her. She turns the corner and I'm thinkin I'm gonna get a look at that nice ass, and then all of a sudden I realize the jeans are True Religion. I didn't just get disgusted, I got pissed. It was ridiculous. Goddamn SF. That never would have happened to me a year ago.

If you avoided looking at a gorgeous woman because she was wearing a particular brand of jeans, maybe you should rethink your sexuality.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Daily555
If you avoided looking at a gorgeous woman because she was wearing a particular brand of jeans, maybe you should rethink your sexuality.

Wow..... I hadn't even thought of that. That's great advice, I'll get right on it.

atuhsad

Reaction score
i think the issue, as has been stated many times, is that the jeans are "flashy." I would say the majority of the people on this forum, myself included, prefer more "understated" looking jeans with subtle details which to us, make the jeans stand out more than some giant horseshoe (or other logo / design) stiched into the back pocket.

However, becuase someone wears new religion doesnt really give people the right to think of them as being uncool or a meathead or a jerk etc. Its just their preference in style, much like our preference in style is to not wear these jeans. Not one paticular group is better than the other, just one group will view the other as being less stylish, and viceversa.

I mean, a lot of people wear APC, yet we dont look down upon that. Once someone wears a "popular" brand that we dont necessarily like (ala true religion), then it becomes a problem. We conform to our view of "style" and others conform to theirs. Big deal.

I guess in the end, not everyone in the world can be as pretentious and full of themselves as some of the people on this board that affords them the luxury of looing down upon and demonizing the "less fashionable" (in their opinion).

mtgguy777

Reaction score
I'd rather not wear hindu characters on ******. I see it a lot around my school though

Daily555

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GY!BE

What's really funny is you have no idea whether I'm male or female, let alone how I dress. All you know is I own some true religion jeans. You should have been a detective, clearly. It seems to me the attitude that's standard on this forum by 5 or 10 memebers is that if you make someone else look bad, you must look better in comparison. Clearly, the only way some of you can try and look good is to engage in a desperate attempt to make someone else look so bad, you look better in comparison-even though you're pathetically "unconfident" yourself. It's a lot more desperate and tacky than wearing true religion jeans, that's for sure.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Daily555, changing the world of style one post at a time.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think that TR is fine on girls. Style for girls is under completely different standards than for men. I've seen some examples of girls wearing the more unisex cut raw brands and the bad outweighed the good. I want something that nicely shapes their ass.

Whether it's True Religion, SFAM, Levis, American Eagle, or obscure Japanese brands.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics