1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Science Careers thread?

Discussion in 'Business, Careers & Education' started by Gibonius, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

That would be a cheap trick. I don't even have a webcam or microphone, would be pretty much screwed if a company ever did that to me.

2. GeekSheek

GeekSheek Member

I think I overstated the prospect of a "surprise" skype interview...sorry to freak anyone out. I was thinking more along the lines of someone on the search committee saying "hey, why don't we do this over skype, that way we'll have video...it'll be cool". Academics can be a little socially awkward in that respect.

BTW, I turned down the sales job I posted about earlier in the thread. There were just too many things in the cons list for me. Thanks to all who advised on the matter. As an aside, I did have a "surprise" skype interview for that position (agreed to interview the same day I was invited).

I was ready, got an offer.