• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schubert Reviews

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dah328
That sock looks interesting, but doesn't the shape of the foot change when standing? Wouldn't that be an important consideration for shoe fit?

Good point - I guess one could let it dry while standing ?

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think it's unfair to expect perfection on the first try with a self measurement anything. Those of you who've ordered from Jantzen, how many got the shirts spot-on from the first order? Granted, given the price of a Jantzen shirt, an ill fit is more forgiveable but I think the expectations on these shoes are quite high. Cheap leather is exactly that. Of course it feels like a belt and it probably won't even compare to the leather used in mass produced $100-150 shoes because of the simple economies of scale. Esthetically, your tastes are your tastes but I do not think the shoe looks lifeless. Shoes, shirts, suits..most of these custom items take a few tries, even with the best makers, to get to a point where you feel 100% happy. Quite frankly, my belief is that short of one having really weird feet or wanting a shoe that no one makes, you'll be better off going OTR. If you are going to go the custom route (let's also not forget the price diff. between Shubert and the big houses that do custom shoes), I think you need to be cognizant that it will probably take a few tries with some give and take between you and the maker. I am not coming down on you as you are definitely correct about voicing your concerns and issues with the your shoes and Seok has used the forum to promote the shoes so he must deal with both the positive and the negative (which he is doing). It just seems that some people are expecting a quality and style that might be hard to get at this price range with this maker.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Those of you who've ordered from Jantzen, how many got the shirts spot-on from the first order?

smile.gif
*raises hand*

but I agree that one would probably get a more satisfactory shoe from RTW than bespoke, at this price point. The shoes I've seen so far havent been anything so unique that couldnt be had easily OTR, other than being able to say they are "bespoke"

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The gulf between bespoke and RTW can be both huge and miniscule for shoes, compared to suits and shirts. If you cannot get proper fit in RTW lasts, these custom shoes should be a godsend once measurements are clarified. But if you can get a decent fit (and most people can), the differences are less pronounced , unless you go with something really wild like Berluti or an amazing designer like Gaziano.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
smile.gif
*raises hand*

Mine was close enough; I tweaked the sleeve length a bit on the second order. I think it helps to be very detail oriented when it comes to Jantzen. With shoes, though, self-measurement seems much more complex. And there's more possibility that the finished product will be unwearable. With a shirt, at least a tailor can alter it.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Anyone has had any trouble reaching Seok lately, i've send him a pretty urgent email about a problem with my order that ought to be fixed and he hasn't answered yet, it's been more than a week. I'll keep everyone posted and give more details when I get a hold of Seok and give him a chance to makes things right.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good to see I'm not the only one that's worried.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
I'm curious about the problem, if you don't mind sharing.

Seok contacted me, listened to my explanations and resolved the situation to my complete satisfaction. He basically mistakingly sent a pair with the right design but the wrong color, since I had no need for it he sent me a refund. He was nothing but professional during our whole exchange, even though he slightly delayed answering the emails at some point, after he came back he was quick and helpful.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm glad it worked out. That's certainly consistent with my impression of seok from our relatively brief exchanges.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads