1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

2. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Schubert Custom: bespoke and MTM

Discussion in 'B&S Archive' started by seok, Mar 16, 2006.

1. seok

seok Senior Member

kcgreg, check email reply

Alex,
    The new calfskin from Italy will be +$100, so $280 plus shipping at $15-20ish.

We can do the model you showed below. Let me know, there's enough premium leather for about 3 pairs left at the moment. Despite the cost differential, I firmly believe that this calfskin will put our shoes at a comparable level (in terms of leather quality) with top-level brands that cost well over $1000+ for custom fit.

To the gentleman above me: http://schubertcustom.blogspot.com/

Order form can be found there. For my past purchase and sales reliability, click here for eBay feedback. Current prices (US$) are $215 and $230 for boots. $50 instant discount is given to first-time customers, as an incentive to go through the self-measurement process: we will store your custom last so that repeat ordering is fast and easy.

Seok, if i read this correctly i can order my first pair for $ 165 dollar of $ 180 dollar for boots.

So for 180 dollar i could order this model: [​IMG]

Is it also possible in that colour? Otherwise i like the colour of the santoni your posted [​IMG]

2. sgl23

sgl23 New Member

just received my order and they look great! they fit better than any of the shoes i own. i rate the leather at AE level for seok's normal calfskin and Grenson MP for the Italian calfskin. these should be $1,000 a pair shoes with the custom fit, but it looks like you can pick up 3-4 pairs for that much money at Schubert.

i don't have a digital camera handy but let's see if other members get their shoes soon! i'm gonna be dropping the Ferragamos. i'm gonna re-order soon.

3. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

just received my order and they look great! they fit better than any of the shoes i own. i rate the leather at AE level for seok's normal calfskin and Grenson MP for the Italian calfskin. these should be $1,000 a pair shoes with the custom fit, but it looks like you can pick up 3-4 pairs for that much money at Schubert.

i don't have a digital camera handy but let's see if other members get their shoes soon! i'm gonna be dropping the Ferragamos. i'm gonna re-order soon.

You're killing me with no pics. Someone please post some pivcs. Congrats on the shoes.

4. chorse123

chorse123 Stylish Dinosaur

What style shoes did you order? How's the fit?

5. sgl23

sgl23 New Member

I ordered penny loafers, wingtips, and plain-toe balmorals. I was the "ballsy" guy from AA. Fits a little tighter on the loafers for sure, but seok tells me that that's how it should be?

Even though I don't qualify for the first-time customer deal, I think these are still great values for $210 (normal) or $310 (premium) ballpark. My next order is supposed to take longer and I would not be surprised if prices go up with all the orders. I'm getting my right side toebox a tiny bit roomier next time.

What style shoes did you order? How's the fit?

6. thmeky

thmeky Member

7. AlexHoogeveen

AlexHoogeveen Well-Known Member

Wow, I am so curious! Pic's please [​IMG]

8. kcgreg

kcgreg Senior Member

[​IMG] Where are the pics??? Where are the pics??? Where are the pics???

9. AlexHoogeveen

AlexHoogeveen Well-Known Member

Still no pics? Maybe from seok self?

10. skalogre

skalogre Distinguished Member

Pictures? Pleeeeeeeease?

11. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Distinguished Member

where are the damn pics....

12. Spencer Young

Spencer Young Senior Member

Did he let you know when your shoes had shipped? I have two pairs coming and when I read that you've received yours... I ran to the back door to see if they'd been delivered and unfortunately they hadn't.

13. Baron

Baron Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

Is it just me or is this whole thread starting to smell a bit fishy? One guy (with two total posts) has received his shoes, and nobody has posted pics after multiple requests.

14. seok

seok Senior Member

a member wrote saying i may have mutiny on my hands if i don't post pics soon.

sgl23 is the only member whose shoes have been shipped out, he posted on the temporary SF at AAAC before. he placed his complete order a good few weeks before others.

i will take some sample photos of the shoes are they are made, but i need you guys to be patient here and have some faith. thank you.

15. bkrex

bkrex Active Member

I agree with the poster who noted that this thread looked fishy. I had pointed out earlier that Seouk had represented himself as the representative of the shoemaker, but often answers questions as if he is the shoemaker. I also took note of the number of posts of the sole recipient of these shoes.

I truly hope I'm wrong, but I really don't think this is going to end well.